Oh, that I had someone to hear me!
Job 31 : 35
Welcome to Thursday Totally Tags ‘n’ ATCs over at MyPaperCrafting.com! Every Thursday we on the Design Team will do a team post featuring Tags n' ATC's. We will have a specific Theme each week featuring an element, technique or embellishment. We’ll all come up with something excitingly different – using various types of tools, etc. to create our projects...i.e., Cricut, CAMEO, Spellbinders, punches, stamps, paint, material, lace, inks, etc. The sky's the limit! The only restriction... If we use SVG's or Digi's, we will only use those from the vast selection at PCW.
Spring is a time of "new beginnings" and we love to see things "take root, blossom and grow”....so, we decided it was a good time to announce some changes to our Challenges and Link Ups. Here is the link to Melin’s explanation of how things will work now. Be sure to pop over there and be included in the creative fun! http://www.mypapercrafting.com/2013/04/aprilprizes.html
The Theme for this week’s projects is METAL! I made a Tag for a Dear Online Friend who, even though he is facing some heavy problems himself, has helped me immensely in the past several months by being a good ‘moral support’ and mentor as I investigate the possibility of going into another ‘career path.’ I wanted to do something to thank and encourage him and with the topic being ‘Metal’ this week, it made me start thinking about using this opportunity to make something to send to him. Without going into total detail, the elements that I included have ‘symbolic meaning’ in his life.
I just LOVE color/design/elements and I have been really enjoying the Color Inspiration charts from a recently discovered website: www.design-seeds.com . I plan to use some of these lovely Inspiration charts in the future as I make projects, and decided to use one today. I chose the ‘Bridged Tones’ for today’s Inspiration –
Here is my Tag –
* I cut the Tag from deep light gray cardstock, using the ‘D7 Butterfly Tag 10122g cf’ –
* I embossed it with the Woodgrain folder that I pre-inked with London Fog ink in my Cuttlebug. I cut an extra one to leave plain and adhere to the backside when the front was completed. This represents his home of which I’ve seen pictures in a video that he shared with me.
* The scripture verse and the sentiment inside the door are from the video – as is the Door opening onto a blue sky. I found the Door online through Google, saved, printed, cut and adhered it. I added an antique brass brad as a doorknob.
* I cut the shape of the state in which he lives and marked his city area with an antique brass arrow.
* His property is woodsy – thus the twigs – and they are blooming with ‘new life’ – as I hope his life will soon.
* I attached an antique brass paperclip element to the top of the Tag with an antique brass rectangular brad and tied a twine bow to it.
* I attached an antique brass lock and key to the twine bow – representing the hope of finding the Key to Unlock the Door to a brighter future for him.
* I typed a sentiment on light gray cardstock, cut it to fit, rounded the corners, inked the edges and adhered it to the back of the Tag.
I’ll mail this to My Friend and hope it arrives in good shape. I’ll make a BoxEnvelope, as I did for the card I featured on Tuesday, which won’t crush it and then will pad and put it in a small box to mail.
Have You made any interesting Tags recently? I’d love to see them! Let me know if you have any questions about anything I’ve done here or on any other blog post - Blessings until next time!
Thanks for visiting here today! I hope you take a few minutes to check all of the Tag/ATC creativeness on the other blogs, too! Melin should have a Free File for today on her blog, also! I’ll Update and have the file here as soon as it’s posted over there -
Be sure to remember MPC for all of your Cutting and Digital files. Tomorrow is our Digi Dessert Fridaze post, every other Tuesday is a Cutting File post and in between I may post some other projects.
(You can take the Girl out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Girl!) ;-}