Monday, July 8, 2013

Travel Accessories for Vacation Mementos and Business


But I say, have you never consulted
with those who TRAVEL this world?
        They can tell you the complexions of many lands.
    But you’ve never permitted their witness
        in your courts of opinion, have you?
Job 21:20  (The Voice)


Hello and Welcome!  I’m excited to be doing this, my fifth post in conjunction with a group I recently connected with after I began using my new-last-summer Silhouette CAMEO cutting machine.  It’s a monthly post to showcase projects that members of the Silhouette Challenge Group have made using these wonderful machines.  You'll find a list at the end here of those who are participating this month, so you can visit them, also!

For this month’s project, I made some ‘Travel Accessories’  - One as a gift for a Friend and my Director in my new venture with Cookie Lee Jewelry who just returned from a Cruise trip.  I thought she might like to keep some mementos in a little ‘Travel Case' Gift Box.   Another item is for me to use at my Cookie Lee Parties to show ‘necessary information’ for the guests.  It’s a Purse Gift Cardholder that holds a Gift Card or a Business Card, which I can use in my display.  There are many other things these can be used for, and there are several other articles in the two terrific new file sets I used from ‘www.SVGcuts.com’ – The Travel Case is from the Summer Holidays set and the Purse Gift Cardholder is from the Luxury Purses set.  Be sure and check out their site and all of their fantastic cutting files!



Inspiration:  New Consultant Bag with New logo and design -

Travel Case Gift Box for Cruise Mementos

Purse Gift/Business  Cardholder

For the 'Travel Case,' I used papers that are the official ‘Cookie Lee company colors’ (Me & My Big Ideas - Mambi stack).  They are actually in the midst of changing their Logo this month and have chosen several ‘background options’ to use in their Consultant items.  I decided to use one of them, a Moroccan-type pattern in gray, as an overlay and to soften the bright pink stripe on the body of the case.   I found an image of the pattern in Google Images and made my own pattern in SCAL3.  I made one panel each for the front and back of the case.  I used gray for the trim pieces and faux-hand-stitched them with black pen.  I used silver paper for the ‘metal’ fasteners and handle, attaching them with silver brads.  I included some little ‘travel tags’ (from a K&Company stack – ‘Life’s Journey’) on the ends of the case.  I made a Hibiscus blossom for the top of the case and a luggage tag on which I will put her name in Calligraphy when I give it to her.






Travel Case with Lid off -

For the Purse Gift Cardholder, I used a remnant piece from the Mini-clipboard I had decorated recently to use at my Parties.  It will hold my Business card.  It can also hold a gift card.



**********
I hope you have enjoyed your visit here.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me -

Do you have a Silhouette of any type?  Are you looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting?  Are you interested in joining us for our group posting event next month?  Then we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group.  Contact Lauren by eMail, if interested…

Please take a few minutes to visit the other gals who have contributed to this Challenge Hop today.  You’ll find Lots of Creative Inspiration and perhaps some Freebies, also, here!  Enjoy!   ;-]


DIY Paper Star Lanterns   by Me & My DIY
A Jar of Gratefulness   by We Cards
Laundry Room Labels   by Unoriginal Mom
Kids Step Stool with Sass   by Joy & Gladness of Heart
Magnetic Perpetual Calendar   by Everydaypaper
DIY Graduation Gift   by Super Sweet Life
A Silhouette Challenge   by Home at Eight
Stamped Gift Boxes   by Coley's Corner
Monsters UniversityT-Shirt   by Tried & True

**********
Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  The second Monday of each month is this Silhouette Challenge - Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

B’ Bye!  -  Bye!  -  B’Bye!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!)  ;-}

11 comments:

  1. They are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
    LOVE the Travel Case!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥(my blog)
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your travel case & purse card. All the details really make them shine. What an amazing gift the box would make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- i don't know if I want to know how long these took? so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe these are made out of PAPER! And how fun that you get to work with company regularly now! I'm so impressed. I know your friend will love her travel case...what a thoughtful gift. So happy to have you as part of our Silhouette Challenge group, Lynden! You are an inspiration.

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those projects are so cute! Your friend will love it and what a cute way to give your business card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, are you kidding me?! They're made from paper?? I've never seen anything like those Lynden. I'm SO glad you shared the link to SVGcuts.com. Who knew? Certainly not me! I've only ever shopped at the Silhouette store. Oh boy....Now let's talk about your selection of papers...can I just say WOW? I absolutely love it and couldn't even begin to come up with anything half as pretty. You obviously have a great eye for color and design. I'm certain your friend will love her little travel case, and your business card holder is soooo so professional looking. I love them both! So glad you shared in the Silhouette Challenge!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great are these?! I love the overlay on the front of the travel case. I always want to try projects that are a little more intricate or have multiple layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simply stunning...and out of paper! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on all your projects! Hope the Cookie Lee Jewelry thing is a big success for you!!!
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously do not know how I missed your post with these stunning projects! I am in awe...they are simply G O R G E O U S! You are a very talented lady and making remarkably beautiful pieces! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}