Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We've Got Your Number!


Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90: 12



Welcome to today’s Challenge post in connection with Cookingwith Cricut / Paper Crafting World!  This week our projects were to include NUMBERS in some way.  I knew immediately what I wanted to make – a Perpetual Calendar!  It is a 3-fold project… 
1.)  re-purposed items
2.)  altered art
3.)  numbers
I converted a Tissue Box and a Pizza Box into a Perpetual Calendar!


 I used the CWC/PCW cutting file, “Swirly Heart Flourish Set.”   


The Tissue Box was cut – top off, sides angled – taped to reinforce it.  I then covered the box with a piece of discontinued wallpaper.  The cards for the Months, Weekdays and Numbers are cut from the pizza box.  (I use boxes from the  ‘take-home-and-bake’ kind of pizza so they are not greasy and odoriferous -)  I then cut pieces of cardstock and adhered them to each.




 I was excited to discover a pad of coordinating cardstock on my shelf, which had 12 different colors!  (Julianne – Designer Mat Pad – K&Company)



I printed the words and numbers on Vellum, cut the words to fit the card top edge and punched the numbers with a scalloped circle punch. 



I included a Memo Pad in a coordinating color at the back of the box.


I used the Corner portion of the file on each side and added tiny heart-shaped gems.



I made a bow of coordinating ribbons and attached the ‘Heart Flourish’ and an antiqued brass gem to it.



I think this would make a nice addition to someone’s desk or Creative Area – What do You think?  Obviously, the papers/ribbons could be changed – and a different, more masculine design could be used for the sides of the box to make it appropriate for a male or young person.  Now, You make a project using NUMBERS in ANY way – link it to the Cooking withCricut / Paper Crafting World site, so we can see them!  Happy Paper-crafting!

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea and you implemented it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your wonderful creation and the directions on how to make one of my own. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea for a lovely Christmas. I really like how elegantly everything came together. Very feminine and classical.
    I am following you now and would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian

    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/wordless-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea!!! I absolutely love it! You have inspired me to make one for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I absolutely love the colors and love the pop of colors with the bows! So happy you joined us 'in the studio' for the first time this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always knew those tissue boxes where good for being upcycled! I think I might have to try this...coming from Studio JRU...blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}