Jesus is not here! He has risen!
Remember how he told you he would rise.
Luke 24 : 6
Welcome to An Elegant Touch’s and MyPaperCrafting.com’s ‘24 Carrot EGG-stravaganza Blog Hop’! With Easter just around the corner we wanted to share some of our ideas and give you some inspiration for your Easter projects!
If you've come from visiting Sheena’s blog at http://lilflowerslynne1.blogspot.com/2013/03/egg-stravaganza-blog-hop.html, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to hop along with us, you can go to MyPaperCrafting.com http://www.mypapercrafting.com/2013/03/mpc-hop.html and start at the beginning.
For today’s Hop I made a 'Z-fold' Card to send to a Dear Loved One, as we remember the Reason for this holiday. I used 2 of Melin’s NEW cutting files to make this card that will stand on its own as a display remembrance.
|Card standing open|
* I used sage parchment cardstock for the base of the card and incorporated lavender and black – this being my favorite color combination and representing 3 elements of Easter and Spring. To me, Sage green represents the awakening newness of Spring – Lavender represents the peace those who have accepted Jesus into their hearts may have, and Black represents His taking our sins upon Himself as He died and was resurrected.
* The card is a 4.25 x 11” piece of cardstock, scored and folded at 5.5” from one end and then at 2.75” on the opposite end.
* I ‘sized’ and cut the elements in SCAL3 and cut them on my Silhouette CAMEO.
* One can make the front piece in any fashion that would allow it to just tuck under something attached to the top of the ‘back’ section.
* I included a Sentiment printed on Vellum and edges inked that hides behind the front piece – for this card, a Bible verse. There is space for a personal message on the sage middle section.
* I embossed the Lavender plain and patterned sections. I adhered them to Black Cardstock = then adhered that to the card.
* I raised the Stained Glass section and the Cross with tiny PopDots.
I saw the idea for this ‘Z-fold’ Card on Pinterest – a much different décor – and was led to the instructions on the Splitcoaststampers site – I’ll be happy to send the .pdf, if you request it, or if you are a Member, you can find it there.
Here are the Files I used –
Melin has graciously offered each of us on the Hop with a specific File for us to offer to a fortunate Hopper this weekend! Mine to Give Away is this cute cutting file – Winners will be chosen by Random.org -
To be eligible to win this, I ask that you:
* Follow my blog here - ;-}
* Like my Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788
* Follow my ‘An Elegant Touch’ Pinterest Board, at the least – Follow more, if you like! http://pinterest.com/lyndenelise
* Then - Leave a Comment here – BE SURE to include your eMail Address so that you can be notified and receive the File, if you win, after the drawing on Monday - and your blog address, so I can visit YOU, too!
Now it’s time to hop on down the bunny trail . . . to Charlotte’s blog at http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com/2013/03/24-carrot-egg-stravaganza-blog-hop.html. Be sure to visit each blog for a chance at winning some Easter-y blog candy!
I wish You a Blessed Easter holiday as we remember the Reason that we celebrate it! Thank You for popping in here - Come again! ;-}