Friday, February 22, 2013

‘New every morning… Thinking of You’ Upright Diamond-fold Card


Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are NEW EVERY MORNING;
    great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3 : 22,23



Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with MyPaper Crafting !    We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see.  The ‘winning’ designer is highlighted next week as a Guest Designer!   It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend! 

For this week’s project I have made a card using a new-to-me Upright Diamond-fold for the base and the ‘Free-for-the-Day’ Digi from last week’s Digi Desserts Fridaze!  When I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for something I had in mind already – a card of encouragement for someone I know who is going through some heavy struggles.  I designed ‘in my head’ all week while I was working on other projects and things I’m dealing with and then thought I’d quickly make the cuts, the prints and put it together this morning…  Hah!  Every step of it – truly! – had something go wrong !  I finally just finished it, took the photos, ‘fixed’ them, added my watermark, posted them to our Design Team page and now am writing this – at midnight!    8-[  (It’s a good thing my Word for 2013 is PERSEVERE, as it’s what I do Every Day – with Every Thing I do…)

Here is the Card –




Here is the Digi File I used -  and the Cut file I used - (cut on my Silhouette CAMEO!)



*  I recently found the directions for the Upright Diamond-fold Card online.  Here is a sheet made by Jennie Williams and posted on her blog.  It uses a piece of cardstock 7 x 11”.  The finished card is 5 x 7”.


*  My base cardstock is sage parchment and the accent colors are Peach and Black.

*  I put the Digi into my Free ‘Perfect Effects Free’ program and added the Blue Dawn Effect, which lightened the stem and flower center colors.


*   I cut the Frame pieces ‘to size’ first – black background, then sage, then peach for the fancy frame.  I printed the Scripture passage on white cardstock and thought I’d measured and figured so that it would fit totally inside the oval of the frame…  It didn’t quite.  So.  I deleted the scripture passage (using PSE 10), ‘saved’ the flowers and then printed just the flower spray again.  After adhering the frame and Scripture pieces together, I cut those flowers out, inked the centers with Peach ink and attached them with tiny PopDots atop the printed flowers, so that the flowers ‘come out of’ the frame.  I added Glossy Accents to the flower centers.

*  With my Cuttlebug, I embossed the two peach cardstock diamond-shaped pieces for the outside and inside.  Then I inked the edges of those and the card edges.  I attached the Framed piece to one of them for the front.

*  I punched a black lace edging and attached it to the backside of the other diamond piece, adhering a black bow at the intersection of the 2 pieces.  I inked the edges of the oval cut from the Frame, stamped the sentiment and adhered it to the diamond piece.  I adhered the diamond piece to the card inside.


*  One could decorate all of the inside panels, but I chose to do only two of them.  I added a piece of peach cardstock to the thin outside edge panel.  I ‘defined’ the sections, using a black marker.   Many other variations of all of this could be done.  This is just ‘my take’ on a basic card design.  I will add a handwritten note on the largest diamond section inside before I send it.

Aside from the Several Problems I had in the making of this card - (More than even the ones I mentioned here!) - I quite enjoyed the design and assembly process.  I look forward to making other cards using this basic Upright Diamond-fold.  I’d love to hear if YOU attempt to do it and I’d love to see your projects!

**********
Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at MyPaper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!


I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term.  We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts.  Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win.  That's right!  One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World.  If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name.   And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page.  You'll have until next Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up.  The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.

Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC -  Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

8 comments:

  1. It may have given you fits, but the result is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynden, you would never be able to tell your card was giving you any troubles by how your card turned out! It really is gorgeous! Love the soft delicate color you chose on your card! Wonderful fold too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card, Lynden! Love the unique fold and the soft colors are beautiful against the black scalloped piece. Sorry it gave you fits, but the end result is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lynden this card is simply stunning! Love the design of it and love the accents and colors you chose for it! Thanks for the directions on how to make it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is breathtaking!!! Oh My! I am visiting from Jennifer's over at Studio JRU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynden, another lovely card from you this week. Love the colours you have chosen.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynden, this is so beautiful. You never fail to astound me with your creations. Love the shape and love the itty bitty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning and elegant card. You always have the most amazing card folds that I need to try. Super card, super folds, and lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}