Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Totally TAGS ‘ n’ ATCs! - ‘Ribbon’


Like a crimson RIBBON are your lips; 
when you smile, it is lovely.
Like a slice of pomegranate is the curve of your face 
behind the veil of your hair.
Song of Solomon  4 : 3







Welcome to the recently-added Thursday Totally Tags ‘n’ ATCs over at MyPaperCrafting.com!  Beginning today, February 21, we will begin doing a team post featuring Tags n' ATC's.  We on the Design Team will be sharing our Tags and/or ATCs with you each Thursday from now on.  We will have a specific Theme each week featuring an element, technique or embellishment.  We’ll all come up with something excitingly different – using various types of tools, etc. to create our projects...i.e., Cricut, CAMEO, Spellbinders, punches, stamps, paint, material, lace, inks, etc.   The sky's the limit!  The only restriction...  If we use SVG's or Digi's, we will only use those from the vast selection at PCW.



This first week’s Theme is ‘Ribbon.’  I chose to make Ribbon Roses and also add a ribbon tie and bow.  My color scheme is Cream/Olive Green/Pink.  Here is what I made –









*  The base is cream cardstock, inked with light olive green on the edges.  The top layer is light pink/white to which I also added a bit of Platinum ink here and there.  Both layers were cut using this file – pcw Tag g451 cf’





 * Using a MS lace punch, I punched a lace strip from cream paper, inked the edges with olive green, pleated the paper and adhered it between the two layers on the left side.



*  I cut two leafy stems from olive green/white print, using the ‘Acorn and Flourish cf’.



*  I punched MS ‘branches’ from cream paper.



*  I made the Ribbon Roses, one with a pink-dotted-with-white grosgrain ribbon, two with pink and one with cream lace-edged satin.  I made some tiny flowers, using a MS punch and cream paper.  I added Colored Pearl Gems to the centers of all of the flowers.



*  I adhered a tiny Graphic 45 element (that I printed) to the upper right corner.



*  I attached a large Pearl to the olive green ribbon in the top hole and a pink sheer ribbon bow to that ribbon.





I’m making a little Postal Box to ‘house’ my Tags in until I need them for Giving, but I don’t have it finished for today.  Hopefully, by next week and then I’ll show you -  I also have a pattern for an ATC box-envelope and will use that to make one and show that, too.



Thanks for visiting here today!  I hope you take a few minutes to check all of the Tag/ATC creativeness on the other blogs, too!  Be sure to remember MPC for all of your Cutting and Digital files.  Tomorrow is our Digi post, every other Tuesday is a Cutting File post and in between I may post some other projects.  Come again!  ;-}

10 comments:

  1. Lynden, this is absolutely STUNNING! There is no other words to describe how gorgeous this is! :)
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynden, this tag is absolutely gorgeous my friend! I love the color scheme you chose. The detail work on this tag is truly a work of art my friend! You have such a gift! I can't wait to see the postal box and the atc box you will create.
    Much love,
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love all of the layers and your ribbon roses are amazing!!! Lovely color palette -- so spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynden, this tag is so wonderful I don't know where to start. Just to say you have the touch.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each time I look at the stunning tag, my eye finds another beautiful element. It is truly gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with this tag! I would love to see a tutorial on how to make these ribbon flowers. So lovely!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! Your tag is stunning Lynden! I love all the elements that are in this tag! The punched border on the side is beautiful, I love, love the ribbon flowers, the flourish and punched branch is the perfect accents and I love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Lynden! Congratulations - you are being featured this week at Inspire Me Monday at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynden so pretty and elegant. Love the roses and all the gorgeous elements. Thanks for creating a tag this week for the Tag post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}