Monday, August 12, 2013

One shoe can change your life!

...Just ask Cinderella!!  ;-]


Your desire to tell the good news about peace
should be like SHOES on your feet.
Ephesians 6 : 15


Hello and Welcome!  I’m excited to be doing this, my sixth post in conjunction with a group I recently connected with after I began using my new-last-summer Silhouette CAMEO cutting machine.  It’s a monthly post to showcase projects that members of the Silhouette Challenge Group have made using these wonderful machines.  You'll find a list at the end here of those who are participating this month, so you can visit them, also!

For this month’s project, I made a lady’s 3D High Heeled Shoe to go with the Clutch I made a few weeks ago in connection with ‘SVGcuts.com Giveaway and Post’ for this week.  It’s now the second time they’ve offered this – and the second time I’ve joined in the fun!  They offer a cutting file for free – we make the project and post – they send us a Coupon for a FREE Set of files! Terrific!

Here are photos of my previous - and now this project.  I thought I’d ‘make a set’ – for a modern Cinderella, of course!  The shoe is not a Glass slipper, but there is only one at this point – and it would take ‘just the right lady’ to wear it properly…and Elegantly…  (MY hand is raised!!)  I admit it.  Shoes are one of my weaknesses.  Perhaps it stems from childhood when I had to wear ‘special order shoes that tied,’ so they would stay on my extremely narrow feet – when others around me could wear loafers and other types of cute slip-ons.  I love ‘especially elegant’ high heels and usually wear heels ALL of the time in some form or another…  When I saw this File, I was ecstatic and anxious to get and make it!  This Giveaway was the perfect opportunity -   











I made them in ‘my signature colors’ – Lavender, Black and White.  It was suggested that one make the Base of the shoe in a similar color to the exterior pieces to blend them together.  I decided to make them in contrasting colors for a more dramatic effect.  I used hand-written stitching on white and then added black satin ribbon, also, to coordinate the items.

I’ll plan to use both items as ‘props’ when I do Cookie Lee Jewelry Parties – showing off some of the lovely jewelry with them – and showing what can be done with ‘just paper!’  ;-}

Here are the files used for these projects –



**********
I hope you have enjoyed your visit here.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me -

Do you have a Silhouette of any type?  Are you looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting?  Are you interested in joining us for our group posting event next month?  Then we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group.  Contact Lauren by eMail, if interested…

Please take a few minutes to visit the other gals who have contributed to this Challenge Hop today.  You’ll find Lots of Creative Inspiration and perhaps some Freebies, also, here!  Enjoy!   ;-]

Hymn Art by Unoriginal Mom
D.I.Y. Wedding Invitations by Create & Babble

"Keep Calm" Onesie by The Thinking Closet
August Silhouette Challenge Project by Give Me a Paintbrush
Fancy Powder Room Sign by Joy & Gladness of Heart
How to Organize Cards & Photos by Super Sweet Life
It's Time to Try a New Craft Medium by Tanya's Creative Space
Milk Jug Crayon Bucket by It Happens in a Blink
The Gold and Beautiful by The House on Hillbrook

A Stache Bash Part 1 by Home at Eight
One Shoe Can Change Your Life by An Elegant Touch…  (That’s ME, in case you wonder where you are in the Line-up!)
Washi Tape Wall Art by Tried & True
Washi Tape & Vinyl Sign by Tossed Salad Life

**********
Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  The second Monday of each month is this Silhouette Challenge - Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

B’ Bye!  -  Bye!  -  B’Bye!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!)  ;-}

12 comments:

  1. WOW Lynn!!! Your project is AWESOME!!! It turned out great. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. You are so good at making these. Mine just turn out not so cute. Good job. Thanks for linking up to the Challenge and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is that little high heeled shoe? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 3-D projects and this is lovely! Nice job....what an awesome display piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, your project is beautiful! I love paper art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's amazing! Definitely going to try and check out more 3D files!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't believe that these are made entirely out of paper. Really mind-blowing! And I'm sure they do make great accessories for your jewelry displays. An Elegant Touch couldn't be a more fitting blog title for you, Lynden!

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shoe - beautiful choice of paper. And a matching bag - Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous! I can't believe that could be made with paper, it gives me plenty of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so stinkin' cute! so creative!!!! very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}