Monday, May 13, 2013

The Lady in the Hat – Thinking of You Card


Charm is deceptive and BEAUTY disappears,
but a woman who honors the Lord 
should be praised.
Proverbs 31: 30  (GNT)

 

Hello and Welcome!  I’m excited to be doing this, my third post in conjunction with a group I recently connected with after I began using my new-last-summer Silhouette CAMEO cutting machine.  It’s a monthly post to showcase projects that members of the Silhouette Challenge Group have made using these wonderful machines.  I am just Loving my Silhouette CAMEO!!  You'll find a list at the end here of those who are participating this month, so you can visit them, also!


For this month’s project, I made a card to honor and send to a Very Special Woman in my life.  A woman who is beautiful – and also honors the Lord – has been going through some very Hard times in recent months.  I had initially planned to use a cutting file from another online source which I really appreciate for the intricate designs offered there, but I decided to use one of the NEW files from MyPaperCrafting.com – where I am on the Design Team.  Melin, the owner and designer, has made some [more] absolutely lovely ‘Cut and Digi files’ recently!  This one caught my eye immediately and I knew what I wanted to do and for whom to make it as soon as I saw it.  I have had the Rubber Stamp of the Woman in the Hat for a while and was anxious to use it for this, too. 

I grew up wearing hats to church, as it was a requirement in that denomination, and I continued as a grown woman – back in the day when people ‘dressed up’ to attend church (back in the Midwest).  I LOVE hats and still wear them as often as I can for various activities.  (No one wears them to church any more…  *sad *)

Here is my card –


  
*  The file I used was the ‘Square w/ Oval Flourished Frame card cf  of which I cut the card base and the Oval Flourished  Frame from light lavender cardstock.  (I know it looks gray in these photos, but it really is light lavender - the same paper as the flowers on her hat - the same shade as the background on my blog.)   I then matted the flourished frame on white and then black cardstock - all sized to fit in the cutting file.

  
*  I stamped the Lady in the Hat (KK Originals) on white cardstock and cut her out.   I carefully inked the cut edges with black, so the white wouldn’t show.   I added a black velvet ribbon to the hat crown and then some tiny punched olive green leaves and light lavender Hydrangea blossoms to cover the band/flower motif on the stamp and add depth, interest and color.  I added silver gilt from a DeccoColor Liquid Silver pen.

*  I adhered the Lady with large foam PopDots to raise her above the Oval.  I added black gems (Recollections) to several of the flourish ends.

 
* I stamped the ‘Thinking of You’ sentiment on a lavender scalloped-edge square and inked the edges in black.   I adhered it inside, leaving space for writing a personal note.

  
Here is the File I used –
     
           

**********
I hope you have enjoyed your visit here.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me -

Do you have a Silhouette of any type?  Are you looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting?  Are you interested in joining us for our group posting event next month?  Then we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group.  Contact Lauren by email ,if interested…

Please take a few minutes to visit the other gals who have contributed to this Challenge Hop today.  You’ll find Lots of Creative Inspiration here!  Enjoy!   ;-]

SpringHoop Home Decor - Daily Dwelling
Girly Superhero Decor - Coley's Corner
TheLady in the Hat "Thinking of You" Card - An Elegant Touch…  (That's Me!  Right here!)

Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC -  The second Monday of each month is this Silhouette Challenge - Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

B’ Bye!  Bye!  B’Bye!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!)  ;-}

8 comments:

  1. Lynden, I love how so many of your creations are thoughtful gifts for others...and this one is no exception. I know that your friend's spirits will be lifted by receiving this gorgeous handmade creation. My spirits are lifted just seeing it on the computer screen! ;-) And I'm so impressed by your stamping skills with the lady...knowing me, I would have smudged it or gotten ink everywhere, but your lines are crisp and clean. Another job well done! And thanks for participating again this month. You are a craft-cut machine!

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so lovely & elegant! I miss dressing up for Church and wearing a hat. I still wear a dress, skirt or dress pants. I just can not bring myself to wear jeans into the House of the Lord.

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that image. The card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH GOSH!!! This is just gorgeous! I love all the detail work! The way you used the ribbon and flowers for your stamp....very elegant. I too remember the days when dressing in your "Sunday Best" was the norm. It is sad how things have changed....and mostly not for the better. I will feature your card on our blog this morning :-) Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents...You never cease to amaze me my friend!
    Melin
    Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. Super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful and elegant card Lynden! I that cut file and I love the scallop base of your card! I also love that stamped image and how you made her stand out by using the ribbon and flowers, they look amazing! This stamp is amazing! You are right people don't dress up in their Sunday best anymore. I think part of the reason is that the churches just want to get people in the church so that means wearing whatever they are comfortable in. I know in my church it would be good to see the head coverings (lace) come back. I don't mine people wearing their jeans as much as I hate when they wear their shorts and tank tops. That gets me the most. But I think at least they are there. That's my mind set now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FABULOUS Lynden! Simply gorgeous!!! I always have loved hats, but never think they look good on me so I never wear any! I can't go to church without being dressed up either! The one thing I think bothers me the most is when people chew gum in church! That seems to bother me a lot! Shorts and tank tops are next in line, but you are right, at least they do show up and that is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card! I love the cut!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}