Monday, March 11, 2013

Their WORD for 2013 - WAIT - (a Gift)


Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness
    while I am here in the land of the living.
WAIT patiently for the Lord.
    Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, WAIT patiently for the Lord.
Psalm 27 : 13 & 14

 
Hello and Welcome!  I’m excited to be doing this, my first post in conjunction with a group I recently connected with after I began using my new-last-summer Silhouette CAMEO cutting machine.  It’s a monthly post to showcase projects that members of the Silhouette Challenge Group have made using these wonderful machines.  You'll find a list at the end here of those who are participating this month, so you can visit them, also!

For this month’s project, I have chosen to showcase a project I made as a Gift to some Very Special People in my life…my Brother and Sister-in-law. They saw the one I’d made for myself – My WORD for 2013 - PERSEVERE – and mentioned how very much they liked it, so I decided to make one for them!    My Sister-in-law sent me a photo of their Family Room and I used coordinating colors for it.  Here is Mine – and then the one I just made for them –  Their WORD for 2013 - WAIT

My WORD for 2013 - PERSEVERE



Their WORD for 2013 - WAIT


*  I began with an inexpensive black/brown frame and a canvas to fit.  Theirs is a ‘double frame’ style.  I cut cardstock to cover the original ‘mat’.

*  I did a step-by-step tutorial on my blog for my initial project, if you’d like to see it HERE.  For today, I’ll explain briefly some of what I did.

*  I painted a coat of Gesso on the canvas.  With my Homemade ModPodge, I adhered ripped strips of Bible pages (from a poorly printed Bible purchased at the $$ Store for use in my various projects) on the left side of the canvas.  I lightly dry-brushed a bit of black acrylic paint on the background.  I tried to make a Crackle Effect on the pages with MS Fine Crackle and Glaze, but it didn’t work as I’d hoped.  It bubbled a bit, but didn’t crack.  I inked it here and there with White Ink.


*  I used an 8x8” template and Gesso to make ‘bricks’ on the right side of the canvas.  When dry, I lightly inked them.

*  I had found a Flourish some time ago as a .jpg and I put it into my SCAL3 program, made an .svg , sized it to fit and cut it on my CAMEO.  I used a Flourish stamp in black on the background and then adhered the Cardstock Flourish. 

*I cut a white flower (from the ‘Tag ‘n’ Butterfly CF’ at MyPaperCrafting.com) and inked the edges in Aqua.  I punched various leaves, added them and several other small flowers.  I punched a 2-tone Butterfly and added it.  I added gems by Recollection.


*  I cut the word ‘WAIT’ with my SCAL3/CAMEO using the QullPerpendicular free font.  I printed the verses on Vellum, so the ‘bricks’ would show through.



I decided to make a coordinating card to go with the gift. 


*  I used the ‘negative’ cut of the Flourish, embossed it, backed it with a piece of a scripture page and matted it.  I stamped the Flourish on the embossing, also.   I attached it to a card base (4.25 x 11” folded in half and at 3”).

*  I added a floral sprig on the front with similar elements as used on the framed picture.  I printed the verses on white cardstock, matted that on black and aqua and adhered to the inside with PopDots.  The front props on it when opened.




I’ll be mailing this Gift soon to my Loved Ones in Michigan -  ;-]

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here.  Do YOU choose a WORD to ‘dwell on’ for the year?  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me -

Do you have a Silhouette of any type?  Are you looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting?  Are you interested in joining us for our group posting event next month?  Then we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group.  Contact Lauren by email ,if interested…

Please take a few minutes to visit the other gals who have contributed to this Challenge Hop today.  You’ll find Lots of Creative  Inspiration here!  Enjoy!   ;-]

Gender Neutral Onesies & Free Cut Files - (The Thinking Closet) This is Lauren’s blog.  Lauren is the Leader of the Group
Personalized Kindle Fire Cover - (Daily Dwelling)
Their WORD for 2013: A Gift - (An Elegant Touch...)  You’re here – that’s ME!  ;-}
Pinch-Proof Shamrock Pin - (Coley's Corner)
Lucky - (Sugar Bee Crafts)



5 comments:

  1. Not sure if my old comment went through...

    But I wanted to say that I know your brother and sister-in-law with love this piece. The strips of pages from the Bible really make it. It's so intricate and beautiful and most of all, meaningful. A piece to treasure!

    And since you asked, my one word for 2013 is LEAP. It has been such a joy leaping into new projects on my Cameo this year with you and the other Silhouette Challenge ladies to support and inspire me. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I'm sure they will love and treasure it.

    My word for last year was breathe and it fit for every single aspect of my life. This year I chose "choose joy" and IDK, maybe it was the wrong word for me or maybe I just haven't felt it fit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful! I love how you used the negative cut to make another card. I have such a hard time throwing away anything pretty. You made it prettier!
    I need to come up with a word for this year. How do I distill Whole New Leaf down to one word?
    Thanks for the awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I need a word for the year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}