Teach us to number our days
so that we may truly live and achieve wisdom.
so that we may truly live and achieve wisdom.
Psalm 90 : 12
Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting ! We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see. The ‘winning’ designer is highlighted next week as a Guest Designer! It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend!
For this week’s project I have made a Mini-Album, which can be adjusted for any Theme of your choosing! I have been working on this one – in between many other things! – since December, when Melin offered the Calendar Pages during the 25 Days of Christmas on her site. I have planned, plotted, designed, created and finally finished it this week. Although I had originally planned to have it done by the first of the New Year, I decidedly determined to continue on, as the Calendar Inserts can be changed for each of the future years and the Album can be used year after year. It can also be made to be used for any other Theme which you might choose to do. It’s easy to make the pages and you can decorate as you like!
Here is my Mini-Album – with more information as to what I used to follow -
* I learned how to make these pages – from 12 x 12 “ sheets of paper or cardstock, a few folds, some adhesive and a hole punch – from Anna Fearer at MorePaperThanShoes.com. She has a video showing how she makes them HERE. You can make as many as you choose for your Mini-Album. I chose to use three shades of a set of papers – in mauve, light green and peach – with two different patterns and they are two-sided with the plain color on the reverse side.
* I made a front and back cover from a Snack Bar box, covering them with a coordinating stripe paper and white on the inside. I decorated the front with 1.) white tissue paper strips, folded in half and then pleated and then 2.) I covered the edge with a lace-punched border and added Faux-stitching with a brown colored pencil. 3.) I printed the verse on Vellum and added the brass square 'faux-brads.' I wanted the paper to show through…
* I added scraps of coordinating ribbon and trims to the metal ring fasteners that go through the three holes I punched in each page.
* I added punched Tabs to each page with the Months written on each side. Each double page also makes a pocket, so I included various-sized cards in the pockets for Journaling, Photos or other Mementos to be included throughout the year. I punched the top corners.
* I reinforced the hole-punched edge by adhering a piece of folded white cardstock to each page section and then inked the edges with coordinating colored inks.
* I sized and printed an MPC Vintage Digi file for each month in the coordinating colors for the page. I added an appropriate trim to the ‘V’ section of each page and other embellishments, along with Faux-stitching where appropriate.
January: ‘Day 22/2012 - New Year vg’
February: ‘Day 4/2012 – Purple Heart vg’ (and 'I Heart U Title cf' )
March: ‘Day 6/2012 – Cross Purple vg’
April: 2011 – ‘White Flowers in Basket vg’
May: Day 9/2012 – ‘Lilacs in Basket vg’
June: ‘Roses in Wheel Barrel (Barrow) vg’
July : Day 11/2012 – ‘Flag-flame vg’
August: Day 14/2012 – Angels-shell vg’
September: ‘Boot in Skate vg’
October: Day 18/2012 – ‘Copper Kids ‘n’ Pumpkins vg’
November: ‘pcw Girl feeding Turkey vg’
December: Day 21/2012 – ‘Holly ‘n’ Bells vg’
I thoroughly enjoyed making this Mini-Album and using the lovely Vintage Digis that Melin has offered the past two Holiday Seasons! Be sure to visit her and sign up for her blog and Newsletters, join us on the Blog Hops at various times of the year and check there weekly to see what’s offered in her Store! She offers Amazing Digi and Cutting Files and I’m SURE that you will find lovely items to enhance your paper-crafting projects! As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what or how I have done on here - Happy Crafting! ;-}
Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at MyPaper Crafting. Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!
FREE file - (I will update here as soon as it is posted -)
I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term. We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts. Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win. That's right! One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World. If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name. And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page. You'll have until next Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up. The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.
Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week. Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly. Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC - Other days may be other projects!
Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you! Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You! Have a Great Week! See you again soon!
Remember, too, that we are having a Blog Hop tomorrow! Be sure to visit all of the blogs for some terrifically creative ideas – and FREE files of various kinds offered by each of us! See you tomorrow!! ;-]