Friday, February 8, 2013

BEE Mine Valentine Card for a Boy

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech
but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3 : 18




Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting !    We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see.  It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend!

For this week’s project I decided to make a Valentine for my Grandson.  (I’d made one for my granddaughter a couple weeks ago - post is here - and I’ll send them both off to them this week!)  Because this is for a young boy, I chose to make the predominant color blue and to not make it very ‘frilly,’ as I am wont to do usually.   Here is my Gatefold Card which includes a Corner Bookmark in the Pocket on the front – and which will hopefully encourage him to read more than he likes to at this point…  ;-]

Card Closed - Bookmark in Pocket

Card closed - Bookmark coming out of Pocket

Card open - Bookmark in Pocket

Card open - Bookmark out of Pocket


I used the ‘BEE Mine ds’ from My Paper Crafting – and this is the original file –

 
*  I put the original file in my Free ‘Perfects Effects’ software – and used two actions on it – Faux HDR and Earth – then put it into my PSE10 program and sized and printed it on photo paper.  I added Glossy Accents to the eyes and nose.  I cut it into a heart shape, inked the edges and adhered it to a Corner Bookmark that I made from a 2” square of cardstock folded to make a Corner.  I punched a small hole and added twine to the top of the bookmark.

Front of Bookmark


Showing back side of Bookmark


*  The card is made from a 5 ½ x 12” piece of cardstock.  Score it on the long side at 2, 4, 8 and 10”.   Fold ‘hill and valley.’  Then mark at 2 3/4” on the outside edges and cut from there to the 4” score line at each side.  If using double-sided cardstock, you can adhere those pieces (opposite side out) on the bottom corners of the front.  I used plain cardstock, so I adhered pieces of a coordinating paper on the fronts of the folds, cut slightly smaller.



*  I made a Pocket from paper and cardstock to put the Bookmark in for the front left side of the card.  I punched 2 hearts and adhered to the Pocket.



*  I printed a sentiment on white cardstock and adhered it to the inside of the card.  I added Glossy Accents to the Heart and the Bee.   I’ll write a note and sign it before sending.


It was fun to make another type of card fold - and fun to make a ‘bit of Love’ for my Grandson -  ;-]

**********

Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!



I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term.  We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts.  Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win.  That's right!  One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World.  If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name.   And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page.  You'll have until Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up.  The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.

Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Lynden, what a fabulous card for your grandson! Smart idea about the bookmark for him too! Love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card Lynden! I love the fold on this card and love that you have a little gift pocket on it too! I'm sure your Grandson will love the bookmark and will make reading so much more fun!! Thanks for the directions on how to make this type of card, I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Lynden! Almost looks like a pocket on a pair of denims. Love that it is interactive and contains a bookmark, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always come up with the most creative ideas. I love the corner bookmark idea and placing it in the little pocket is just too cute. This is fantastic, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Lynden. I love the blue and the bee is so cute. I love this card fold with the pocket. Do you know where I could find directions? I am sure your grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}