My flesh and my HEART may fail,
but God is the strength of my HEART and my portion forever.
Psalm 73 : 26
Welcome to our 2013 Die Cut Tuesday New Release and Link UP over at MyPaperCrafting.com! Be sure and pop over there and see what Melin has set up for this Showcase – and the New Release.
For today, I chose to make a card using the new ‘I Heart U’ cutting file – in my ‘signature colors’ as a Special gift for My Special Granddaughter who is growing into a Lovely Young Woman. I thought I’d reinforce how Very Much I DO Love her!
Here’s the card –
|Card front - closed|
|Card standing propped against bottom third -|
|Card partially open|
|Card fully open|
* I began with an 8.5 x 11” Lavender cardstock, folded in thirds on the 11’ side (Score at 3 5/8” from each end, which makes the middle section just a tad larger.)
* I used a Lace Pattern Background Stamp and used Silver Ink on the front of the card. It’s hard to see in the photo, but it gives a nice, soft, delicate effect.
* I adhered the cut file design.
* I punched two rows of Lacey edging and adhered them to the top and bottom edges.
* I adhered the ‘negative’ Lacey edging from punching to the two inner edges of the card.
* I faux-stitched on the edgings and on the cut file itself with silver ink.
* I adhered Lavender Gems to the cut file flourishes.
* I may add a poem – and certainly a handwritten note – to the inside of the card before sending.
Here is the original cut file –
Be sure to check out Melin’s post, get the FREE file and then link up there. I look forward to seeing YOUR creations!