Friday, January 11, 2013

Some days just Stink! BoxCard


Perfume and incense make the heart glad, but the sweetness of a friend is a fragrant forest.
Prov. 27:9 (GWT)

The sweet smell of incense can make you feel good, but true friendship is better still.
Prov. 27:9 (CEV)

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. 
Prov. 16:24

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
 Prov. 3:24

 

Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting   We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com for today.  



BoxCard - Closed, with BellyBand

BoxCard slightly open, BellyBand off

BoxCard slightly more open, BellyBand off

BoxCard open, with BellyBand

You may have heard about the ‘One Word 365’ movement that is popular these days.  This is the first time I’ve decided to choose one and work at applying it to my life…  After much thought, I decided on the word ‘PERSEVERE’ – which is Not a new concept for me, but at a time when I really don’t feel like doing so - for the first time in my life - I thought perhaps it might help to keep me focused on doing just that…  Along with that thought, for this week’s project, I made a little Encouragement Card for a Dear Person in my life who is going through a Very Hard Time currently.   

Actually, I made a BoxCard using instructions I found Online recently and I rather enjoyed making it!  I love making ‘new’ styles of cards.  One can tuck a little ‘sweet treat’ or a note inside it.  I used the ‘Skunk in Flower Pot 2 Blooms ds’ digital file and a sentiment that I saw Online recently, typed into a WORD Doc and punched it out.  I chose several possible verses to use inside and they are listed above.  I used the first one on this particular card.

Here is the original file I used:  


I put the file in my ‘Perfect Effects Free’ program to see what colors it might offer and chose the one that was in dark lavender tones.  I then printed it on white cardstock, cut it out and adhered it atop a piece of paper doily which I then adhered to the Black BellyBand.

BellyBand

BoxCard partially open

BoxCard open
Rather than ‘reinvent the wheel’ – or rather the BoxCard – here is the Link to the Instructions and Video Tutorial I used to make the BoxCard:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/boxcard  

(I also took the time to Copy the instructions and put them in a document for ‘quick reference,’ if you’d like to request a copy from me.  Just let me know -)  It’s quite easy to figure out and uses one 8.5 x 11” piece of cardstock or paper and a Score Board, plus any trim and something for the BellyBand.  I can see lots of possibilities for using this form of card – and I look forward to making many more in the future.

Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!



I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term.  We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts.  Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win.  That's right!  One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World.  If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name.   And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page.  You'll have until Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up.  The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.

13 comments:

  1. I've never seen a box card before. You really rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing talent you have! It shows on every single project you make! Fabulous job on this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this so elegant. Thanks for all the info too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card, Lynden and I'm definitely heading to the link for the directions - thank you. The way to chose to print the image is stunning. Your work is so uniquely you - I just love your "elegant touches."
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seriously has to be the cutest idea ever. I love that you can actually open it up like a box. You are lucky that you are so creative- I'd give anything to have more creative talent! Just found your blog and I'm excited to get to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along...

    newest follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable card Lynden. I love the papers you used and the digi is oh so cute. I will have to try a box card sometime- you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is also the first time i have seen a box card, really cute idea, popping over from South Africa via sneak peek friday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever card fold! Gorgeous work as always, Lynden. Only you could make a skunk elegant!!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great card. Such a beautiful and encouraging meassage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so neat! I love the black lace detail around the box. What a special encouragement for someone! I love your word for the year... I have always liked that word! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us 'in the studio' this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knew that a skunk could be so cute. Like the style of the card & doily usage.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can honestly say I have never seen a box card. U Rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}