Let us now reverently fear and worship the Lord our God,
Who gives rain, both the AUTUMN and the spring rain in its season,
Who reserves and keeps for us the appointed weeks of the harvest.
Jeremiah 5 : 24
Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper CraftingWorld! We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from CWC/PCW for today.
I recently added another version of an Easel Card to my repertoire. This one is the Double Twisted Easel. I chose it to showcase two of the Autumn-inspired Digi files that Melin has created - 'Happy Fall, Y'all!' and 'Pumpkin Smiley.'
|Card - closed|
|Card - open|
|Card - view looking down on it|
I’ve also made a Pattern to show you the dimensions of the card and a description follows.
* To make this card, cut your cardstock to 5.5 x 8.5” – thus, you can get two cards from a single sheet of letter-size cardstock, or if using 12 x 12” cardstock, you’ll have extra pieces to use for other projects .
* On the long edge of the CS, (starting left to right), score at 4.25” and 5.75”.
* On the short side, cut in at 2.75” until you get to the 5.75” score line.
* Score from the inside end of that cut to the outside corners of the front (see sample).
* Fold and glue down the 1.5”section closest to the card fold line - that part will not open when the card is "opened."
* Decorate the card as desired. You can decorate the ‘opened’ triangular sections with triangular pieces – or with squares as I have done, being careful to attach only to the triangular section once folded. You can use a large triangular piece to use as the ‘prop’ – or cut a diamond-shape to fit in the middle between the 2 triangular folded sections. The ‘prop’ piece should be adhered with PopDots to raise it up a bit.
* I added gems to the flower centers and pearls to the pumpkin eyes. I inked the edges of all sections of the card and the decorative pieces. I added brads to the corners of them.
Be sure to pop over to CWC/PCW, pick up the FREE file and make your Digi Card for this week! Link up there and share your creation with all of us!
Here is the FREE file –
Also, check the new info regarding the Design Team Call for our '25 Days of Christmas'!! We’d love to have You – or someone you know – join in our Creative Holiday Fun! ;-} See you again soon!