Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, My Daughter!


Jotham was twenty-five years old when he became king,
 and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem.
His mother’s name was JERUSHA the daughter of Zadok.
II Kings 15 : 33  and  II Chronicles 27 : 1

Thirty-three years ago today, a telephone call answered the prayers of a lifetime and changed my life completely.  That phone call made me a Mother!  Two agonizing weeks later and after a cross-country flight, the tiniest baby girl I’d ever seen was placed in my arms and into my Heart.  We had long before decided to name her JERUSHA – and learned that it means, ‘to come and occupy in the place of others’ – which is quite apropos!  We currently live far apart, much to my dismay.  I made a gift and card to send to her this week and thought I’d share them with you, as I am quite excited about what I did for the card!

I’d made a Memo Pad cover a few weeks back and decided to make a different one for my Daughter at this time.



I recently heard of an unusual and Free (!!) Online site on which one can make a ‘subway-type’ picture – to one’s own specifications.  I tried out the procedure to make an emblem for the front of my Daughter’s card.  It was easy and fun to do – LOTS of options available – and I plan to do others in the near future.  I chose the Treble Clef shape, as she is extremely musically talented.  I chose the colors of Autumn, as it’s the time of year she was born and it coincided with the Memo Pad and Cover I chose to make.  I made a list of words that describe her.  Here is the finished card –


Closeup of Tagxedo element

 On the site (www.Tagxedo.com), you just follow step-by-step options to choose Shape, Color Scheme, Words of your choice (poems, verses, prose, lists, anything you want), Font and Orientation of the words, etc.  Things can be tweaked and changed as necessary.  The finished project can then be Saved – several size options – to your computer and then you can do as you wish with it.  Try it – You’ll like it!  ;-}  I’d love to hear your thoughts on it and see your projects, if you decide to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}