8 Prize Wisdom highly and exalt her,
and she will exalt and promote you;
she will bring you to honor when you embrace her.
9 She shall give to your head a WREATH of gracefulness;
a crown of beauty and glory will she deliver to you.
10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings,
and the years of your life shall be many.
Proverbs 4 : 8-10
Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting ! We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see. The ‘winning’ designer is highlighted next week as a Guest Designer! It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend!
For this week’s project I used the Free File offered last week on the TotallyTags and ATCs post on MyPaperCrafting. There are usually Vintage Digi Files offered on Thursdays and I just LOVE using them on my projects and giving them ‘An Elegant Touch…’! There are usually several ‘color options’ in each file, allowing for a vast amount of creativity along that line and sometimes I also put them in my FREE “Perfect Effects Free” program which offers even more color shading availability. This time I used one that Melin offered last week. - 'Wreath 523 VG.' I made a card which can be used for any occasion and can also be ‘free standing’ for display, if desired, and is in keeping with this week’s theme of ‘Pearls.’
|Card - closed|
|Card - open|
|Card - showing depth of folds|
* I began with a base of 4 ¼ ” x 11” Cream cardstock. I scored and folded at 2” and 3 3/8” from each edge. Valley/mountain fold to make the center section ‘pop’ to the front when opened. (It could also be made to recede inward, if desired.) It fits into an A2 envelope.
* I punched 2 border edges from Cream cardstock and lightly inked with Wheat ink. I adhered them to the outer sections. I added a piece of brown ribbon to the bottom edge.
* I cut a piece of 4” Cream cardstock – embossed it with my ‘Wicker’ embossing folder - then lightly inked with Wheat – and adhered it to the front section.
* I put the Digi into my ‘Perfect Effects Free’ program and I used the Actions – Sepia Toner and Warm Concrete Subtle – to get the color I desired for this project. I then put it into my PSE 10 program and printed it 8 to a page. I plan to make several different types of cards with all of them.
* For this one, I fussy-cut the wreath out. I adhered the wreath with foam pads to raise it off the base.
|Close-up of Wreath|
|Close-up of elements on wreath|
* I was excited to learn last week that I had WON the Giveaway from a Blog Hop I ‘attended’ a couple weeks ago!! The Prize was a Spellbinders ‘Shapabilities’ Die package with 7 pieces!! I used one of them for this – a flourish. I cut one in dark brown dotted paper and then one in Kraft cardstock and intertwined them. (I have learned that by using a piece of Wax Paper between the Die and your paper/cardstock, it is much easier to remove the completed element!!) I punched some little MS branches and added them. I was excited to find some tiny resin roses on Clearance at Michaels this week and used a Cream one for this. I saw recently how to make TINY flower buds by punching tiny ¼” punch circles of paper/cardstock and using a tiny embossing head and foam mat to make tiny ruffled buds. I added tiny pearls to them.
* I was also excited to see that MS punches were on Sale this week at Michaels and I got the ‘tiny butterflies’ and ‘tiny hearts’ punches – which I know I’ll use often! I used the tiny butterflies – cut from Cream cardstock and inked with Wheat - on this card and added tiny pearls to each of them for the bodies.
Here is the Digi file I used -
Be sure to visit Melin at MPC and sign up for her blog and Newsletters, join us on the Blog Hops at various times of the year and check there weekly to see what’s offered in her Store! She offers Amazing Digi and Cutting Files and I’m SURE that you will find lovely items to enhance your paper-crafting projects! As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what or how I have done on here - Happy Crafting! ;-}
Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting. Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!
We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts. Spring is a time of "new beginnings" and we love to see things "take root, blossom and grow”....so, we decided it was a good time to announce some changes to our Challenges and Link Ups. Here is the link to Melin’s explanation of how things will work now. Be sure to pop over there and be included in the creative fun! http://www.mypapercrafting.com/2013/04/aprilprizes.html
Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week. Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly. Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC - Other days may be other projects!
Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you! Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You! Have a Great Week! See you again soon!
B’ Bye! Bye! B’Bye!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!) ;-}