I am the ROSE of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
Song of Solomon 2 : 1
Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting ! We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see. The ‘winning’ designer is highlighted next week as a Guest Designer! It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend!
For this week’s project I have made a card using the ‘Roses Double ds’. Here is my card –
* I put the original file into my Free program, ‘Perfect Effects Free,’ and did a couple of Actions on it. I changed the color first in Sepia Toner - (making it in Grays and Browns) -
- and then changed the ‘texture-look’ of the Digi with another Action - Earth - (giving it a mottled look) -
* Easy! I printed it on white cardstock and fussy-cut out the Digi. I hand embossed it on the back side, following the lines from the front and inked the edges with Charcoal ink.
(You can see several other options I did in this previous post -
* Using an Oval-nested Coluzzle, I cut an oval from a piece of light Gray cardstock. I embossed it in a 4-cornered design folder. I gently inked over the raised areas with Charcoal ink.
* I cut an oval from medium Brown cardstock and adhered in under the Gray oval.
* I adhered the Gray cardstock to a Kraft cardstock card, raising it up with PopDots at various places. I adhered the Roses with PopDots, also, giving the card dimension and depth. The card folds at the top, so it could stand on its own.
* I added Pearl Gems to the ‘dots’ on all 4 sides and Brown Gems to the centers of the Roses.
* I didn’t add a Sentiment, so it could be used for a variety of occasions, but one could be added in the bottom left corner.
Here is the original file I used –
Be sure to visit Melin at MPC and sign up for her blog and Newsletters, join us on the Blog Hops at various times of the year and check there weekly to see what’s offered in her Store! She offers Amazing Digi and Cutting Files and I’m SURE that you will find lovely items to enhance your paper-crafting projects! As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what or how I have done on here - Happy Crafting! ;-}
Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting. Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!
I'm also excited to tell you about a new twist this term. We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts. Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win. That's right! One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World. If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name. And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page. You'll have until next Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up. The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.
Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week. Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly. Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC - Other days may be other projects!
Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you! Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You! Have a Great Week! See you again soon!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!) ;-}