…be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5 : 18 - 20
Hello and Welcome to the Terrific Tuesday Challenge in conjunction with My Paper Crafting ! There are lots of wonderfully creative ideas on that blog, great Cutting and Digital files and links to the other Design Team members’ blogs. I’m really enjoying my time there on the Design Team and am happy to have you visit my blog!
Our Challenge this week was to make a project using a turkey in some way! I imagined making one using several different files in a unique way. Easy, in theory, but it did take longer than I imagined. What doesn’t??! I enjoyed the ‘creative process’ – and learned a few things to do differently should I make another one sometime. Here is the completed card – with assembly information following.
* I used cream cardstock for the card. I stamped the front with brown ink on my ‘Sheet Music’ stamp at various angles. I also inked the edges of the card front and inside. I scored and folded it at about 2/3 up from the bottom edge.
* I cut the background from rust cardstock, using the ‘Scallop Circle Frame cf’ (outside edge.)
* I cut the turkey tail from dark brown cardstock, using one of the ‘Doily 14 pt. Scallop cf’ patterns. I cut a section of the completed circle to make a ‘fan shape’ for the ‘back feathers.’
* I used the circle cut from that for the body of the turkey. It was glued to a piece of cardboard to raise it up. I made some ‘ribbon feathers’ and adhered it to the back of this. I punched a scallop circle and cut it to make 2 wings, adhered with PopDots.
* From the ‘Acorn’n’ Flourish cf,’ I cut one acorn bottom for the turkey head and one flourish – in medium brown – using 2 little branches for the turkey feet. The head was attached with a Pop Dot.
* I cut a wattle from red ribbon and added ‘googly eyes’ to the head for a bit of whimsy.
* I cut 2 olive green flourishes for the bottom and added brown gems to the buds.
* I adhered the turkey to the rust background piece and then the bottom half of it to the card front.
* For the inside ‘prop,’ I typed the verse in WORD, printed it, cut it and inked the edges lightly. I cut a dark brown mat and used my corner-rounder on both pieces. I adhered it with PopDots to raise it up. I added some punched music notes.
Here are the cutting files I used –
Now YOU make a project with this Theme, link it at My Paper Crafting and share it with all of us! You can get this week’s FREE file to use in your project if you’d like – ‘Thanksgiving’ -
Come again for our Digi Dessert Fridaze – on Fridays!
REMEMBER!! The ’25 Days of Christmas’ event over at My Paper Crafting! This will be our 3rd annual 25 Days event. We are excited and the designers have begun to work on their creations! It is so exciting to see the photos start rolling in. I can’t tell you how excited I am about their creative work!
For those unfamiliar with our event, we showcase projects every day starting on December 1st (Day 1) and going each and every day through December 25th. Every day we will be offering a FREE Die Cut file, a FREE Digital Stamp and/or graphic. Each week we will be offering prizes to those who are our followers and leave comments. In short, it is a spectacular event that will give you creative inspiration for the holidays AS WELL as ideas and inspiration for crafting through out the whole year! You definitely don’t want to miss it! Be sure to join us –
Be sure to be a follower of her blog AND sign up for her newsletter. We will be announcing our posts daily and leaving a comment every day when you pick up your free files will assure you a greater opportunity to win some of the prizes! Let me know if you have any questions -
You can see a complete list of wonderful designers at My Paper Crafting!