The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.
Isaiah 40 : 8
Hello and Welcome to the Terrific Tuesday Challenge in conjunction with Cookingwith Cricut / Paper Crafting World! There are lots of wonderfully creative ideas on that blog, great Cutting and Digital files and links to the other Design Team members’ blogs. I’m really enjoying my time here on the Design Team and am happy to have you visit my blog!
Our assignment for this week was to design a 3D project with Candy/Treats as our theme. I chose to use two of Melin’s cutting files – to ‘disguise’ some delicious Caramel (!!) Tootsie Roll Pops and Caramel Apple Suckers – a bit like ‘costumes for candies’!! I made a Bouquet of ‘Candy Flowers,’ using the '16 pt. Flower cf’ and the ‘Sunflower xl cf.’
Here is the finished project –
Here are the Ingredients and Directions for this recipe –
* A clay pot or whatever container you’d like to use – a recycled jar covered in ModPodged paper would do also – (see my Candle Bowl of last Saturday)
* Styrofoam to put the completed flowers in
* Dried grass, moss or something to cover the Styrofoam – I used the black netting from vegetables to tuck in and make it look like ‘dirt’ at the top of the pot.
* Cardstock of your choice, gems, brush or sponge and inks for inking the edges of the flowers (optional), embossing tool (or the rounded end of a paintbrush or chopstick)
* A piece of foam (on which to emboss petals and leaves)
* Tacky Glue and glue gun
* Some ‘Autumn Berry’ garland sprigs for filler – or something of your choice
* Ribbon – for bow to decorate front of pot
* Glue Styrofoam into pot with glue gun. Add moss, grass or mesh to hide foam.
* Cut the petals and leaves for the flowers. Ink the edges of all. I used Gold to catch a glimmer of Autumn sunshine on my flowers. Originally I’d cut pieces for two ’16 pt. flowers’ – on each of burgundy and rust. As I worked with the pieces, I decided to alternate the colors on both flowers, as you can see in the photo.
* Using the rounded end of your embosser or brush, emboss the petals and leaves on the piece of foam – 16 pt. petals so they will ‘round up’ – Sunflower petals so they will ‘round down’ and then turn over and emboss the center so the petals will raise up –
* Glue petals together in the center with Tacky Glue, alternating layers so they are offset. – Add gems to centers.
* Attach flowers to suckers and pops with glue gun – attach leaves – put stems into Styrofoam in pot
* Put berry sprigs – or whatever you choose – around the flowers.
* Attach bow to pot (tuck into Styrofoam)
Here is the FREE file for this week at CWC/PCW –
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you have any questions –
Now YOU make a project with this Theme, link it at CWC/PCW and share it with all of us! Come again for our Digi Dessert Fridaze – on Fridays! Also, we are looking for more Design Team Members for our '25 Days of Christmas' - Details on the CWC/PCW blog - so, if you or someone you know might be interested, check it out!