Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Texture Challenge: Love is...Autumn Bounty...


1  If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels,                but do not have love, I am only a resounding 
gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of              prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we 
prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was 
a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became 
a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a 
reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. 
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13



Welcome to our Tuesday Challenge in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper Crafting World!  Our mission this week – should we decide to accept – was to design something using Texture in some way.  As usual, my mind began spinning as soon as I saw the requirement and I’m excited to show you the outcome!  I also decided to write it up as a Recipe, in case you would like to ‘cook up’ a project like this!  It’s really quite easy to do and you can change/add anything to ‘your taste’ – This is just a Basic Recipe – for this -



Ingredients:

*  1 frame from the Dollar Store – mine is 8 x 10” wood – remove the glass to use for another project
*  1 canvas – mine is 5 x 7” –
*  textured wallpaper scraps or other textured paper for background and inset piece
*  acrylic paints – colors to coordinate with your project color scheme – dry foam brush
*  inks for shading – your colors
*  cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed – for accent piece and to raise pumpkin
*  various cardstock for cutting .svgs – digis – (also Mulberry paper for leaves - They have a terrific selection of papers and wonderful customer service!)
*   various ribbon, twine, lace, trim elements (vegetable/onion/potato sacks) – whatever you’d like to include
*  ready-made flowers (Recollections/Petaloo/Swirlydoos…your choice)
*  various ribbon for handmade rolled flowers – (circle paper scraps for bases) – for ‘buds’ - and for around digi verse plaque
*  leafy vine punch
*  daisy punch and wallpaper scraps/or your choice of paper for handmade ‘straw flowers’
*  gems/pearls/buttons for flower centers
*  rafia/paper shreds for stuffing Apple Basket
*  glue gun/adhesives for adhering items to project

Directions:

I ‘dry brushed’ dark brown and then copper streaks on the deep rust-stained wood frame.  I then also did the same to the canvas – lightly.  I cut the woven wallpaper scraps to fit the frame and for mounting onto the canvas.


I adhered a piece of cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed to the right edge of the frame.


I cut the Apple Basket and adhered it to the inset canvas at an angle so as to have the look of apples and flowers spilling from it.  I cut leaves (6-pt.Flowers Set) on my Cricut, cut the spray in half – then adhered them to the side and bottom of frame.  I punched leafy vines (Martha Stewart) from Kraft paper and adhered them on the others.  I also punched/cut some from Mulberry paper and adhered them.  I adhered looped twine and a ruffle of ‘onion bag’ (Yes! from a bag of onions!  You may remember from previous posts that I like to use unusual elements -) to the lower side of the Apple Basket.  I filled the Apple Basket with Kraft paper shreds – then adhered the apples (Apple Basket) to the edge of the basket and a few strewn on the ‘ground’ beyond. 






I cut the Pumpkin Vine, backed it with cream paper and adhered it to the lower left corner – raising it up on pieces of cardboard.  


Using the Daisy Punch (Marvy), I punched 6 each for each flower, inked the edges, dented the center using a stylus on a piece of foam, then glued the layers together, pinching the petals inward.  I finished them with a gem in the center.  I made rolled ribbon flowers with brown, cream and rust/cream ribbon, adding a gem to the centers.  I adhered these and ready-made flowers.  I made ‘buds’ from brown ribbon and added them, too.


I cut leaves (maple and oak) using the Pumpkins 'n' Leaves cutting file and added them intermittently throughout the leafy vines.  I also added a few gems to the vines.


 I printed and cut out the ‘Love is…’ digi (1 Corinthians 13), raised it with a piece of cardboard and adhered it.  I added a knotted and rolled piece of ribbon around 2 sides.



Here are the files I used:









I hope you have a chance to see all of the Creative Texture projects designed this week – then try your hand at it – and link up to CWC/PCW!  We’d love to see them!  Remember that there is a Sale, also, this month -  Here is the Ad:



See you next week!  Remember, also, that we now have DIGI DESSERTS FRIDAZE – each Friday – and SMORGASBORD SATURDAYS!!  Lots of creative options at the CWC/PCW site and here!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, your site is well put together!
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is BEAUTIFUL Lynden!! I love all the texture and layers you did. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Lot of texture and seems to have a Fall theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really put a lot of effort into this gorgeous project, and it shows!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynden, I am amazed with your project. It is absolutely stunning. A fabulous use of mulberry paper, perfect textures, and gorgeous colors. I am really enjoying your blog. You have a new fan.

    xxoo
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}