1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding
gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we
prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was
a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became
a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a
reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13
Welcome to our Tuesday Challenge in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper Crafting World! Our mission this week – should we decide to accept – was to design something using Texture in some way. As usual, my mind began spinning as soon as I saw the requirement and I’m excited to show you the outcome! I also decided to write it up as a Recipe, in case you would like to ‘cook up’ a project like this! It’s really quite easy to do and you can change/add anything to ‘your taste’ – This is just a Basic Recipe – for this -
* 1 frame from the Dollar Store – mine is 8 x 10” wood – remove the glass to use for another project
* 1 canvas – mine is 5 x 7” –
* textured wallpaper scraps or other textured paper for background and inset piece
* acrylic paints – colors to coordinate with your project color scheme – dry foam brush
* inks for shading – your colors
* cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed – for accent piece and to raise pumpkin
* various cardstock for cutting .svgs – digis – (also Mulberry paper for leaves - They have a terrific selection of papers and wonderful customer service!)
* various ribbon, twine, lace, trim elements (vegetable/onion/potato sacks) – whatever you’d like to include
* ready-made flowers (Recollections/Petaloo/Swirlydoos…your choice)
* various ribbon for handmade rolled flowers – (circle paper scraps for bases) – for ‘buds’ - and for around digi verse plaque
* leafy vine punch
* daisy punch and wallpaper scraps/or your choice of paper for handmade ‘straw flowers’
* gems/pearls/buttons for flower centers
* rafia/paper shreds for stuffing Apple Basket
* glue gun/adhesives for adhering items to project
I ‘dry brushed’ dark brown and then copper streaks on the deep rust-stained wood frame. I then also did the same to the canvas – lightly. I cut the woven wallpaper scraps to fit the frame and for mounting onto the canvas.
I adhered a piece of cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed to the right edge of the frame.
I cut the Apple Basket and adhered it to the inset canvas at an angle so as to have the look of apples and flowers spilling from it. I cut leaves (6-pt.Flowers Set) on my Cricut, cut the spray in half – then adhered them to the side and bottom of frame. I punched leafy vines (Martha Stewart) from Kraft paper and adhered them on the others. I also punched/cut some from Mulberry paper and adhered them. I adhered looped twine and a ruffle of ‘onion bag’ (Yes! from a bag of onions! You may remember from previous posts that I like to use unusual elements -) to the lower side of the Apple Basket. I filled the Apple Basket with Kraft paper shreds – then adhered the apples (Apple Basket) to the edge of the basket and a few strewn on the ‘ground’ beyond.
I cut the Pumpkin Vine, backed it with cream paper and adhered it to the lower left corner – raising it up on pieces of cardboard.
Using the Daisy Punch (Marvy), I punched 6 each for each flower, inked the edges, dented the center using a stylus on a piece of foam, then glued the layers together, pinching the petals inward. I finished them with a gem in the center. I made rolled ribbon flowers with brown, cream and rust/cream ribbon, adding a gem to the centers. I adhered these and ready-made flowers. I made ‘buds’ from brown ribbon and added them, too.
I cut leaves (maple and oak) using the Pumpkins 'n' Leaves cutting file and added them intermittently throughout the leafy vines. I also added a few gems to the vines.
I printed and cut out the ‘Love is…’ digi (1 Corinthians 13), raised it with a piece of cardboard and adhered it. I added a knotted and rolled piece of ribbon around 2 sides.
Here are the files I used:
I hope you have a chance to see all of the Creative Texture projects designed this week – then try your hand at it – and link up to CWC/PCW! We’d love to see them! Remember that there is a Sale, also, this month - Here is the Ad:
See you next week! Remember, also, that we now have DIGI DESSERTS FRIDAZE – each Friday – and SMORGASBORD SATURDAYS!! Lots of creative options at the CWC/PCW site and here!