Monday, May 21, 2012

Jonah Study...Farewell...

 
2“In my distress I called to the Lord,  and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry.
You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breaker swept over me.
I said, ‘I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.’
The engulfing waters threatened me,  the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head.
To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit.
“When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.
“Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them.
But I, with shouts of grateful praise, I will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.  I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”
                                                                  Jonah 2:2-9

I’ve been attending a weekly Bible Study on the book of Jonah the past several months at my church.  Last week was the last session of it and I wanted to give a ‘little something’ to the women who have welcomed me to their table and have been new friends to me.  I have made them each one of these cards as a remembrance of our time together.





I decided to make an Easel Card.  In thinking about what to include on them, I remembered that I had a cute Whale svg file - Yes, I know that although we commonly say that Jonah was swallowed by a Whale, it wasn’t actually a Whale, but a Big Fish…  This seemed a cute file to use - and I knew I’d change the spelling of the sentiment to go along with it - for a tad of humor.   “I WHALE-Y…enjoyed this study with you!”   I had some Wave .svg files and chose a simple one to include.

I inked some clouds in the sky.  I looked through my Many fonts for something ‘water-themed’ and then decided to use the Worms font in the sentiment, in keeping with the ‘worm that attacked the plant where Jonah found shelter and made it wither.’  The verse reference on the sentiment pad is Jonah’s prayer while in the Big Fish and one that could be applicable to my life and perhaps others who are in hard circumstances…  The ladies all loved the cards!  ;-}

Have you shared a creative ‘little something’ with friends who have encouraged You?

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card. I'm not surprised everyone loved theirs. I was very impressed by the clouds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}