Friday, March 1, 2013

'Rainbow Lace' Birthday Card


Whenever the RAINBOW appears in the clouds, 
I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant 
between God and all living creatures 
of every kind on the earth.
Genesis 9 : 16



Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with MyPaper Crafting !    We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see.  The ‘winning’ designer is highlighted next week as a Guest Designer!   It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend! 

For this week’s project I have made a Birthday Card for someone I love very much who likes Rainbows very much!  I used the ‘Happy Birthday Word Art ds’– and I put it on the inside as the sentiment. 



*  I love lace and feminine things – She doesn’t so much – She likes things more plain.  I just couldn’t resist at least using a lacey border punch to create a Rainbow for the front of her card – and also used some scraps, as we are both Thrifty!  The planning /figuring took some time, but I like the outcome.  It's not one of my more ambitious endeavors, but nonetheless, made With Love.  (I always think of things After-the-Fact that I could have added/changed, but I did want to keep it fairly simple -)  I adhered the border strips to white cardstock, trimmed it, adhered it to black cardstock pieces, then adhered that to the card front.

*  I used ‘sky’ wallpaper for the sky and other wallpapers mixed with the cardstock.  I added two white clouds – one with a stamped sentiment – one without.

*  It was nice that the colors on the Digi worked well with my rainbow colors!  I did put it into my ‘Photo Effects Free’ program and added the ‘Cracked Paint’ effect to it – which does show up better In Person than in the photo here.  I then put it into my PSE 10 program and printed it on white cardstock.   I cut it, rounded the corners and inked the edges before adhering it to the inside of the card.

I hope it brightens her birthday!  ;-}  Now You can brighten someone's day!

**********

Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!

I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term.  We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts.  Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win.  That's right!  One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World.  If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name.   And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page.  You'll have until next Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up.  The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.

Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC -  Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

6 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheery card! I love that you used the border punch on the colorful clouds. I think it is perfect! I don't think it makes it look too feminine either. I think your thrifty friend will love and appreciate it very much! It was clearly made with love! Thank you my friend for all that you do. May the Lord bless you abundantly and all the work of your hands :-)
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynden, this is quite a different look for you but what a lovely bright card. I have the sentiment on my desk ready to go too. TFS
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynden, I am sure your friend will see the warmth, love, and caring that went into her card! It's so bright and cheery, and such a happy friendly card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unique and interesting. What a happy way to share a special day.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique card Lynden! I love the rainbow and love that you made the edges a little bit lacey! Nothing wrong with a little bit of lace is there?! Your HB digi is perfect and I love how you have the colors of the rainbow colored in on it! I think this is a great "pick me up" card and birthday card and I know your friend will love it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely colorful card. Love the rainbow and that you carried the colors on to the digi inside. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}