Friday, October 5, 2012

Bunny Showers of Love - Get Well Soon!


I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34: 26




Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper Crafting World!  We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from CWC/PCW for today. 

I chose to use the ‘Bunny Showers  Digi file and the new FREE-next-week cutting file, ‘Frame ‘n' Flourish 10912,’ to shower some love on a very ill little girl whom I’ve never met.   




A Dear Friend of mine, Gina Woods, has a foundation that was created to offer comfort to seriously or terminally children or adults by means of a fluffy stuffed Friend, named ‘OwieBowWowie.’  Gina mentioned that card-love was needed for this child on our opposite Coast and I decided that this file would make a good card to send to her.

Here is the card I made for her – and the Recipe follows -


Card and envelope



Ingredients:

*  a 5 x 5 card – red cable-knit design – white cardstock, 5 x 11
*  digi file printed
*  cut file frame, flourish
*  polka dot embossing folder – (Cuttlebug) - for the 'frame'
*  red heart button, twine, pearl gems
*  printed sentiment (Heartland font)
*  stamp, red ink
*  Martha Stewart Scorepad
*  'OwieBowWowie'-type stamp for front of envelope, brown ink pad

Directions:

* Score the white cardstock at 2 ½”, 7 ½” and 10” – vertically - Then score diagonally, per diagram photo
*  Fold on diagonals and at the 11” mark, vertically

Template for 5" square card

Actual piece adhered in card

View of card standing

*  Fold up and adhere the diamond section to the right side of the open card.
*  Adhere the triangle shape to the left side of open card.

Closeup of 'scored section'
(I made a slight mistake in scoring, so I decided to camouflage it by scoring the whole right section, giving it a subtle detail...)

The inside of the card could be decorated in various ways.  I chose to keep it simple on this one.

Beginning to fold card -

Card almost folded closed

* Adhere the digi file, frame and sentiment to front of card, adding the brown flourish, twine-tied-button and pearl gems.

Closeup of Digi & frame
I hope the little girl enjoys receiving this card and I hope she feels better soon.  Please go to Owie's website and see what he's all about and perhaps you or someone you know might donate an Owie to an unfortunately ill child! 


Here is a photo showing the dimensions of a 4" square card using this template.  It's the original measurements I found online, but I altered it to fit the 5" cards I have.

Template for 4" square card


Here is the FREE Digi file Melin has made for this week – ‘Happy Fall, Y’All!’ :



Be sure and check out all of the creative ideas for this week and the Digi and Cutting Files that Melin has on her site -  Make a project  with a Digi File for today’s Challenge – and then post and link it for all to see!  Join us for Smorgasbord Saturdays tomorrow – and Terrific Tuesdays each week.  See you soon.  Let me know if there’s anything I can do for YOU!

1 comment:

  1. There are some amazing tools available for paper artists. But I'm even more impressed by what you create out of bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}