Friday, September 28, 2012

Flowers 'n' Bees - BEE-lated wishes!


Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you,
 not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
Luke 12: 27


Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper CraftingWorld!  We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from CWC/PCW for today.  I chose to use the new – and FREE this week! – file, “Flowers ‘n’ Bees” that Melin has just designed.  I decided to use this digital file in creating a belated birthday card that would be appropriate for a masculine recipient – a fairly plain and simple design –  A fairly quick and easy to ‘bake’ card!

 Here are the Ingredients:

*  Dark brown cardstock
*  The digi file printed on white cardstock
*  Three pieces of coordinating cardstock
*  A 1/8” hole punch
*  Twine
*  Sentiment printed on cardstock
*  Zigzag scissors to trim sentiment

Directions:

I cut the brown cardstock and folded it.  I used my Cricut/SCAL2 to cut the ovals – one to just fit the digi file print and then three more in graduated sizes.  I inked the edges of all of them.  I adhered them, offsetting them to the left bottom edge.  I put Glossy Accents on the wings of the bees to make them shine.  I punched holes on 2 edges of the card – ½” apart – and threaded twine through them, tying the ends to the card and placing a drop of Crystal Lacquer on each to prevent them from becoming untied.  I typed the sentiment in WORD, printed it and cut it with the zigzag scissors, then adhered it to the card.

 Here is the file I used - There are several options included.

Be sure and check out all of the creative Digi and Cutting Files that Melin has on her site -  Make a project  with a Digi File for today’s Challenge – and then post it for all to see! See you again soon!


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a recipe. I love it and the card is GORGEOUS. I wanted to let you know I am working on a promotional campaign where I will be using different months to promote by theme. When I do the craft month, I would love to promote you. Maybe do some kind of a giveaway for you. = ) I'm still in the works on it and will talk to you later about it.

    Irish
    Dedicated2life.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}