Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Cup of Comfort -

 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3,4
  
Several years ago after being hospitalized herself, a Dear Friend of mine decided that she would dedicate her life to comforting seriously ill children with a stuffed toy dog which she designed.  She has continued to work very hard to make this dream a reality. 
OwieBowWowie and Friends provides gifts of comfort in the form of a specifically designed collection of therapy plush toys to be the trusted friend of a hospitalized child. Each OwieBowWowie™  is offered as a Two-Fur-One. When you sponsor one, your purchase is given to a child who is hospitalized with an illness or injury and another is given to a hospitalized child in a developing country.  If you or someone you know would like to make a donation or be involved with her organization, you can go to the website and find out more of the details.  ( www.OwieBowWowie.net )









I know that the first things that my friend, Gina, does each morning are to grab a cup of coffee and her Bible to have her Devotions and then she writes her daily blog post, ‘Appointments with God.’  She has recently been going through some perplexing times and I decided to send her a Cup of Comfort, so to speak, and use Owie as the main ingredient in her ‘coffee.’  I’m sharing this card with you all today, in hopes of introducing you to Gina and her wonderful work.

Here are photos of the completed card.







I used an .svg file I acquired from the Internet for the mug-shaped cup, which I cut out of Kraft paper with my Cricut/SCAL2 program.  I used discontinued wallpaper for the mug and leaves, cut with my Cricut/SCAL2 program.  The flowers are from Dollar Store ‘picks.’  The jewels are from Recollections.  The puppy file which I altered a bit to resemble Owie is from:   (www.TreasureBoxDesigns.com)  The inside of the mug and the oval for the verse are parchment cardstock, edges smudged with brown ink.  The card fits an A-1 envelope.

I enjoyed making it and she enjoyed receiving it - Now it’s Your Turn to share some Comfort!  What do You do for friends who are going through perplexing times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}