Monday, February 20, 2012

Altered Art Swap Project

 
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
Proverbs 4:23

I recently participated in an Altered Art Swap through the ‘Create, Share & Inspire!’ site (www.morepaperthanshoes.com ).   I received an item this past week that was hand-crafted by a woman in TN and I sent one that I made especially for her to her.  Now that we have each received them, I can post photos of our projects!  We were to use items we already had in our ‘crafting stash’  - and make some kind of a wall hanging…  A quote was to be incorporated. 

I really enjoyed the creative experience and the sense of ‘mystery’ involved - wondering what I would be receiving - and wondering if she would like the one I was making and sending -

I used a Quote by Helen Keller - “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen, or even heard, but must be felt with the heart -“   Thus, my scripture quote above -

Here is the one I made for her.  Details follow -






I chose to do mine for her in ‘neutrals.’  I made the large flower from a page from a book ($$ Store) that I tea-dyed, cut and then rolled into a flower.  I spritzed it and the small flowers ($$ Store) with an Opalescent spray and added gem centers.  I made the ribbon flowers, also.  The leaves, fairy, birdcage and scalloped oval frame were cut with my Cricut/SCAL2.  The woven backgrounds and the floral scalloped oval are wallpaper remnants.  The 6x8 canvas (Michaels) was inked with 'Wheat' Versa Magic ink.  The 8x10 wood frame ($$ Store) was dry-brushed with white and then gold acrylic paint.  (Do you get the idea I get a lot of crafting items from the $$ Store?...as well as Michaels…)

Here is the one I received from her.   I’d mentioned that lavender and black were my favorite colors.





I found it quite interesting that without knowing, we both incorporated a cage, winged elements (fairy - butterfly), pearls, ribbon, leaves, handmade flowers and book pages  - yet in very different ways!  What a fun, creative project!  I'd be happy to make one for You - or for You to give as a gift - Just let me know  - 

2 comments:

  1. You should have an Etsy store! As a non-crafter, you amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Katy! I'll have to figure out how to do That - next!!

      Delete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}