Thursday, January 26, 2012

Repurposed Items - Trash to Treasures!

 He who was seated on the throne said, 
“ Behold, I am *making all things new!”
 Revelation 21:5
**Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy loving kindness; 
for they have been ever of old.
Psalm 25:6

I noticed that one of my favorite blogs (www.iHeartOrganizing.blogspot.com ) has a special emphasis on *Repurposed Items this week.  I thought I’d share some of mine with you all and then refer you to her site and the many creative ideas that others have offered.

I have long been one to *Repurpose items even before it became ‘fashionable.’  These are just a few of my recent creations.

I have taken old cookie sheets out of the Trash Bin (literally) and have made them into these Treasures - Magnetic **Memo Boards -



+  Spray paint them to hide blemishes
+  Cut discontinued wallpaper (free!) or scrapbook paper to fit the tray for the background - Can be ModPodged to protect it
+  Flourishes and other design elements were cut with my Cricut/SCAL
+  Various types of magnets can be used - purchased or handmade - to post the quotes, things to remember or whatever you choose to post.

You can also get little magnetic containers to use on these for organizing small items - crafting, jewelry, spices, office elements...  You can get magnetic hangers to use for hanging keys or other small items that you might need as you head out the door.  The themes and uses for these are limitless!   I’d love to see what YOU come up with!

I also changed an empty candle jar into a cookie/snack jar - (along with the recipe!) - to give as a Thank You gift.

                                                                                   

I changed an empty food jar into a tea light candle.

                                                                                  








Just as God is daily changing me into *Something New, as I **remember His promises, I enjoy *repurposing items from our daily life into *Something New - and still usable!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You're so crafty, and I'm glad you recognize God's gift in you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}