The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9
Friendship is such an important aspect of our lives and it is truly important to have Special Friends. Way before the ‘BFF’ phrase was popular I had TWO of them - since our days in First Grade in MI - which was a Loooong time ago! ;-} One of them has a birthday this week - on 11/11/11! I decided to put all of my ‘creative juices’ to work on an Autumn Birthday card for her.
I love ‘thinking out of the box’ so… here are the items I used from Scraptastical Kreations, as I’m a Guest Design Team member for November:
* I began with the Scallop Circle card base from the Shaped Cards set (4 ¼” circle finished - to fit in a regular invitation envelope - A2) in Kraft cardstock (Recollections).
* I added the Tractor Tire from the Autumn Splendor set in Brown cardstock.
* The Scallop Circle from the Sophisticated Scallops set in Gold cardstock with twine woven through the holes and tied around the sheaf.
* The wheat sheaf, wagon wheel and pumpkin (Cuttlebug-embossed) are from the Autumn Splendor set and are attached with Pop-Dots.
* The leaves are made from wallpaper and a punch I have.
* Inside, I put a 3 ½” cream-colored circle for the stamped sentiment, 'happy birthday' ($1 stamp from Michaels) and a place to write my note and signature.