Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Birthday for a Dear Friend -


The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.  Proverbs 27:9



Friendship is such an important aspect of our lives and it is truly important to have Special Friends.  Way before the ‘BFF’ phrase was popular I had TWO of them - since our days in First Grade in MI - which was a Loooong time ago!   ;-}  One of them has a birthday this week - on 11/11/11!  I decided to put all of my ‘creative juices’ to work on an Autumn Birthday card for her.



I love ‘thinking out of the box’ so… here are the items I used from Scraptastical Kreations, as I’m a Guest Design Team member for November:  

*  I began with the Scallop Circle card base from the Shaped Cards set (4 ¼” circle finished - to fit in a regular invitation envelope - A2) in Kraft cardstock (Recollections).
*  I added the Tractor Tire from the Autumn Splendor set in Brown cardstock.
*  The Scallop Circle from the Sophisticated Scallops set in Gold cardstock with twine woven through the holes and tied around the sheaf.
*  The wheat sheaf, wagon wheel and pumpkin (Cuttlebug-embossed) are from the Autumn Splendor set and are attached with Pop-Dots.
*  The leaves are made from wallpaper and a punch I have.
*  Inside, I put a 3 ½” cream-colored circle for the stamped sentiment, 'happy birthday' ($1 stamp from Michaels) and a place to write my note and signature.

It’ll be in the mail on its way to her today - and I’m on to other Projects -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}