Friday, February 15, 2013

You're Heaven Sent Card


Every time I think of you, I thank my God.
Phillipians 1 : 3






Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting   We, on the Design Team, are to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com every Friday, share them with You and encourage You to visit over there, get the FREE Digi File for today, make a project with it and link it for all to see.  It’s an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend!



Yesterday was Valentine’s Day and I don’t think we should only tell people how much we love them on just one day of the year.  We should let them know all the time!  For this week’s project I have made a card (a few of them, actually) to send to some Special People who have been helpful and encouraging in my life.  I used the ‘ You’re Heaven Sent DF’ from My Paper Crafting and made a different type of Easel Card.










*  I put the Digi File into my FREE ‘Perfect Effects Free’ program and applied the ‘Blue Dawn’ effect to lighten the colors of the Digi.  Then I decided what coordinating colors of cardstock and papers to use.  I printed the Digi (in PSE10) on Cream Cardstock and chose to use purple and light green patterned papers, highlighted with black cardstock.  I punched the corners of the Digi.



*  I typed the inside sentiment, printed it on cream cardstock and adhered it to the black flap. 



*  I resized the Hearts Border from the ‘Heart Medallion Set 012 Cutting File’, cut it with my Silhouette CAMEO, applied it to the side panels of the card and then added tiny Heart Gems.



*  I punched black leaves and light green branches – added some purple and green artificial flowers and gems to the top and bottom of the front panel.



*  I made an Easel Prop and adhered it to the back of the card.







Here are the files I used –




 

 **********



Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!







I'm so excited to tell you about a new twist this term.  We invite YOU to participate in our Digi Dessert Fridaze weekly posts.  Just create something using a digital image and link up at the end of the post. If you use a Paper Crafting World image, you will receive 2 chances to win.  That's right!  One lucky project will be selected each week to receive a digital image from Paper Crafting World.  If you use a PCW file, please add PCW after your name.   And, it will be so much easier to participate with our Link Up because there's a tab on the home page that will bring you directly to this DDF page.  You'll have until Thursday 12 noon (EST) to link up.  The lucky winner will be announced in the next PCW post on Friday.



Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Lynden, gorgeous papers! Love how this card folds and stands! The whole thing is quite stunning! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynden you are so clever and this is just wonderful. I do love the digi you have used.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome Lynden! I love the design of the card, so unique and fun! I again with you-we need to let loved ones know everyday that we love them and this card certainly does that! Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of papers and colors. I love the way this card folds and stands. It's so pretty and embellished so nicely

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}