Friday, November 23, 2012

Harvest of Blessings Card


The LORD will indeed give what is good,
 and our land will yield its HARVEST.
Psalm 85:12

All these BLESSINGS will come on you and accompany you
 if you obey the LORD your God:
Deuteronomy 28:2


Welcome to Digi Desserts Fridaze in connection with My Paper Crafting !    We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com for today. 

For this week’s project, I decided to use the ‘Harvest of Blessings Cornucopia ds’ from My Paper Crafting.   At this time of year, we are reminded to think of the many blessings we have, no matter what our situation is.  We should ‘harvest’ them and ponder them in our hearts.  We should also make it a practice to be thankful DAILY for each and every Blessing that we have – even amidst the hardships we may be facing.  I have much for which to be thankful.  It’s been a busy and hard several weeks for me recently and I am so Very Thankful for the Special Family and Friends in my life.  They are God’s Blessings to me!

Here is the card I made to share with a Dear Friend –




Here is the original file I used -


I put the digi file into the Free program I’d mentioned that I had Downloaded a few weeks ago – Perfect Effects Free.  I changed the colors of the digi and added a slightly grungy frame to it using 2 of the Actions in the program.  I then put that file into my PSE 10 program, sized it to my chosen size for the card and printed it on light gray paper.


I then mounted the digi on cardstock in several of the colors found in the picture.  I folded the front of the dark gray card vertically in half and then backwards.  I adhered the matted digi to the folded back portion.  I have a Punch whose pattern mimicked the flourishes in the digi design (!!!), so I punched a black border to put on two edges of the card.  There is room for a personal note underneath the space that is ‘covered’ by the digi when the card is closed.


Here is the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!



NOTE:  There has been a permanent change to the name of Melin’s blog and site.  Formerly known as ‘Cooking with Cricut,’ it is now ‘My Paper Crafting.’  Everything else is the same wonderfulness  – just a name change!   ;-]

Be sure and watch for our '25 Days of Christmas' - December 1 - 25 - with LOTS of ideas for the whole year!


REMEMBER!!   The ‘25 Days of Christmas’ event over at My Paper Crafting!  This will be our 3rd annual ‘25 Days’ event.   We are excited and the designers have begun to work on their creations!  It is so exciting to see the photos start rolling in.  I can’t tell you how excited I am about their creative work!

For those unfamiliar with our event, we showcase projects every day starting on December 1st (Day 1) and going each and every day through December 25th.   Every day we will be offering a FREE Die Cut file, a FREE Digital Stamp and/or graphic.   Each week we will be offering prizes to those who are our followers and leave comments.   In short, it is a spectacular event that will give you creative inspiration for the holidays as well as ideas and inspiration for crafting through out the whole year!   You definitely don’t want to miss it!  Be sure to join us –

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lynden,

    I love this. I also really like the new name My Paper Crafting. It's more helpful to a new learner who doesn't yet understand the world of crafting. More will find the site on the search engines this way.

    As always you knocked out an absolutely gorgeous design.

    I'm so excited to see how my product turns out.

    Irish Carter
    Dedicated2Life.com
    "Promoting Passionate People"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by, Irish, and for your continued encouragement! You are one of the many Blessings in MY life this year - ;-} Hugggzzz -
      Lynden

      Delete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}