Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An Easter Wreath/The Cross


36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel,
 announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
 37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea,
 beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—
 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power,
 and how he went around doing good and healing all
who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews
and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross,
 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.
 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses
whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank
with him after he rose from the dead.
 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify
that He is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.
43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him
 receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
Acts 10 : 36 - 43



Welcome to our 2013 Die Cut Tuesday New Release and Link Up over at www.MyPaperCrafting.com !  Be sure and pop over there and see what Melin and our other Designers have set up for this Showcase – and the New Release for today.

Today’s project is an Easter Wreath – a small grapevine wreath which includes a cross I made from twigs fallen on my patio, a real egg which I ‘blew out’ and then covered with scripture pages and a ribbon, an origami Lily and other handmade flowers and leaf sprigs –




*  I used a small 8” grapevine wreath that I’ve had for a while and hadn’t decided what to use it for.  I decided to make this project ‘Earthy’ with a touch of spring blue.

*  I cut several twig pieces to size, hot glued them together and then wrapped the joint with twine, forming a Cross.  I adhered the Cross with my hot glue gun toward the right side of the wreath.

*  I blew out several eggs the other day and used the ‘innards’ in a recipe.  I rinsed and dried them.  I covered this one with ripped pieces of scripture pages from the paperback Bible from the $$ Store and my homemade ModPodge.  I added a velvet ribbon.  This egg represents the new birth of Spring, Jesus emerging from the Tomb and the new life we as Christians have because of His resurrection.

* I saw an Origami Lily on Pinterest and found instructions online and on YouTube.  It was a bit more tricky than I’d hoped – perhaps because I made a fairly small one - but it was ‘possible.’  I wanted to include a Lily, as Jesus is the ‘Lily of the Valley’  – (I am the rose of Sharon, and the Lily of the valleys.  Song of Solomon 2:1)   I made it light blue rather than white.

* I cut 2 ‘vines’ (Crossv 13 cf) and punched many leaves and pine branches from medium olive and light sage green cardstock (MS punches).

*  I cut (Butterfly ‘n’ Tag 221 cf) and punched (MS punch) white Roses in various sizes and formed them, adding light blue gem centers to the larger ones and pearls to the tiny ones.

*  I nestled the egg , branches and flowers in dried moss adhered with my glue gun.

These are the cutting files I used today – using my SCAL3 and Silhouette CAMEO –



Be sure to check out Melin’s post for the FREEBIE File for today (I’ll Update here when it’s available there - ) and then make something and link up over there.  I look forward to seeing YOUR creations!  Come back again and visit soon -  ;-}  -  Here it is -


Be sure to come back here often as I showcase other Paper Crafted Projects and Photo Digital Restorations that I make – several days each week.  Sign up to receive my Posts so you’ll know when I’ve posted something – usually 3 to 4 times weekly.  Tuesdays every other week are Cutting files from MPC – Thursdays are Tags and ATCs – Fridays are Digi Files from MPC -  Other days may be other projects! 

Check out my Tabs in the Header above to see what else I do and can do for you!  Let me know if you have questions on anything here – or if I can do anything for You!  Have a Great Week!  See you again soon!

B’ Bye!
(You can take the Gal out of the Sky, but You can’t take the Sky out of the Gal!)  ;-}

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lynden, this is just amazing! Gorgeous, elegant, you name it! Fabulous job on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply stunning Lynden! It is so elegant and rustic all at the same time! I love the story it tells and it is perfect for the Easter season! Well done!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Just fabulous!

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}