Tuesday, February 26, 2013

'Thinking of You' Card


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,
 just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5 : 11



 Welcome to our 2013 Die Cut Tuesday New Release and Link Up over at MyPaperCrafting.com!  Be sure and pop over there and see what Melin and our other Designers have set up for this Showcase – and the New Release for today.



For today, I chose to make a ‘Thinking of You’ Card for someone I know who really needs to know that I am Thinking of and Praying for them.  I used Black and Cream as the color scheme to portray a strong, yet elegant feel for the card.  I used the ‘Flourished Baroque Elements cf2’ from MyPaperCrafting.com and made an Easel Card for them.  Here it is -




*  I use SCAL3 with my Silhouette CAMEO.  I cut the images from black cardstock.  I made the Shadow for each image and cut them from cream cardstock.  I mounted the black images on the cream shadow and then mounted those on black cardstock. 



*  I added black and cream punched leaves (MS), black flowers (Recollections), black and pearl gems (Recollections) to the front and the ‘prop’ piece inside. 



*  I stamped the sentiment on a punched piece of cream cardstock and inked the edges, adhering it inside.



 

*  To make this Easel, I folded a 5 1/2 x 11” piece of cream cardstock at 4 ½”, 5 ¼”, 6 ½” (M,V, M).   Adhere the section from 4 ½” to 5 ¼”, allowing the easel to prop on the 5 ¼” to 6 ½” section, while resting the bottom edge of the front against the inside ‘prop’ section.





Here is the cutting file –






**********



Be sure to check out Melin’s post for the FREEBIE File for today and then make something and link up there.  



 I look forward to seeing YOUR creations!  Come back again and visit soon -  ;-}

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! SO elegant and rich looking! Beautiful card, Lynden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynden, I am sure the person that receives this will just love it! It really is a very rich elegant card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so lovely & elegant! I am sure it will brighten the recipient's day!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! you always give it the perfect touch to make it pop! They will love it and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}