Friday, November 30, 2012

Hark! the Herald Angels sing! Gift Card Holder


Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host
appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Luke 2 : 13, 14



Welcome to the last Digi Desserts Fridaze for this year in connection with My Paper Crafting   We, on the Design Team, were to create a project using a Digital File from the vast selection at MyPaperCrafting.com for today. 

For this week’s project, I decided to use the ‘Angels Sing ds 2’ and make a Gift Card Holder.  Melin is offering this digi file as today's FREEBIE!


Here is the card –  Instructions will follow -




*  I put the digi file into my Photoshop Elements 10 program and adjusted the color hue and saturation bar until I found the colors I desired.  I made the letters burgundy, deep purple and hunter green and the angel is mauve.
*  I printed it on the sage parchment cardstock from which I made the card.  I cut the digi circle out by hand.

  


I cut it from burgundy cardstock, using the frame part on the front of the card and the ‘negative’ piece on the inside of the card.


*  I cut a circle of hunter green cardstock to place behind the digi and frame.
*  I adhered Recollections gems in dark and light green to the frame and corners.
*  I cut two pieces of burgundy cardstock for the front ‘door’ pieces, I embossed them with my Cuttlebug and adhered them to the front ‘doors.’


*  I printed the verse (‘Christmas Card’ font) for the inside in hunter green ink on sage cardstock and matted it on burgundy cardstock.  


*  I adhered the ‘door’ piece to the main card on the sides and bottom only – leaving a slot in which to put a Gift Card.  (I happened to have an old one to use as an example – and it was burgundy color!)

One can adhere all 4 edges, omitting the Gift Card Holder aspect, and use this just as a card – for any occasion, by just changing the design and colors.  Making it as a Gift Card Holder just came to me as I was making the card…



*  The card can stand alone with the front digi section propped open on the ‘doors.’



If you have any questions, let me know -

Here is the link to the FREE digi-file for this week at My Paper Crafting.  Be sure to stop over there, if you haven’t already, see all of the other creative projects, get the file, make a project of your own using a digi-file from My Paper Crafting and then link it there so we can see it, too!


NOTE:  There has been a permanent change to the name of Melin’s blog and site.  Formerly known as ‘Cooking with Cricut,’ it is now ‘My Paper Crafting.’  Everything else is the same wonderfulness  – just a name change!   ;-]

Be sure and watch for our '25 Days of Christmas' - December 1 - 25 - with LOTS of ideas for the whole year!



REMEMBER!!   The ‘25 Days of Christmas’ event over at My Paper Crafting!  This will be our 3rd annual ‘25 Days’ event.   We are excited and the designers have begun to work on their creations!  It is so exciting to see the photos start rolling in.  I can’t tell you how excited I am about their creative work!

For those unfamiliar with our event, we showcase projects every day starting on December 1st (Day 1) and going each and every day through December 25th.   Every day we will be offering a FREE Die Cut file, a FREE Digital Stamp and/or graphic.   Each week we will be offering prizes to those who are our followers and leave comments.   In short, it is a spectacular event that will give you creative inspiration for the holidays as well as ideas and inspiration for crafting through out the whole year!   You definitely don’t want to miss it!  Be sure to join us – 

**********
ANOTHER NOTE:  Any of you who might have visited here in the past may notice that I have a different 'musical player' in the left column - and different music playing at this time...  I was MOST astonished to discover upon writing my post for this past Tuesday that 'MixPod.com' has just Disappeared, taking my music and Player with them!    8-[    The Note on their site, says they just Stopped...  No Warning to ME and I imagine to many others who have used their services!!!  So... I searched online, came up with something called, 'SnackTools.com' - spent a Long Time setting up a new Christmas music list - and then found that one can only have 5 songs on their Free version and the Player size is not to be smaller than this one - but 'it works' at this point!  I chose 5 songs by David Lanz, one of my favorite pianists, and I love his album, 'Christmas Eve.'  If any of you have better suggestions for a Player, let me know - or if you want to use this service, go to it!  ;-}  Music is Breath to me and, therefore, I have it here on my blog.  It can be turned down, should you chose to do so.  I hope you enjoy it!  ;-}
ADDENDUM!!:  In case you are interested, I just had my blog page open for longer than usual, as I was researching a problem I'm having with Blogger - and lo, and behold!!  The songs continued to play after the first 5 songs and on to the rest of the 19 I had chosen!  I was not able to pick and chose songs, but at least it will continue to play all that I chose...  Not that any of YOU will be on here that long!!  Just an FYI should you decide to use their services.  Also, there was a very short 'commercial' that played the first few times I'd come to my blog when I first signed up, but it doesn't play now...  ;-/  Enjoy!     

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lynden! I love the colors and the way that card opens and displays itself is fantastic. (Also enjoyed hearing David Lanz!! He is one of my favorites and I've even enjoyed his music in concert.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Jen! I've done many different things with this style - It's quite versitile and easy to do. I splurged many years ago when my Children were younger and took them to a David Lanz Concert in Grand Rapids, MI for my son's birthday on Dec. 8th! Wonderful performance! My son will be 30 next week... ;-}

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynden,

    This is so creative and I love that its a gift card holder. You have so much talent. Its amazing.

    Irish Carter
    Dedicated2Life.com
    "Promoting Passionate People"

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}