Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Texture Challenge: Love is...Autumn Bounty...


1  If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels,                but do not have love, I am only a resounding 
gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of              prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we 
prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was 
a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became 
a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a 
reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. 
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13



Welcome to our Tuesday Challenge in connection with Cooking with Cricut / Paper Crafting World!  Our mission this week – should we decide to accept – was to design something using Texture in some way.  As usual, my mind began spinning as soon as I saw the requirement and I’m excited to show you the outcome!  I also decided to write it up as a Recipe, in case you would like to ‘cook up’ a project like this!  It’s really quite easy to do and you can change/add anything to ‘your taste’ – This is just a Basic Recipe – for this -



Ingredients:

*  1 frame from the Dollar Store – mine is 8 x 10” wood – remove the glass to use for another project
*  1 canvas – mine is 5 x 7” –
*  textured wallpaper scraps or other textured paper for background and inset piece
*  acrylic paints – colors to coordinate with your project color scheme – dry foam brush
*  inks for shading – your colors
*  cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed – for accent piece and to raise pumpkin
*  various cardstock for cutting .svgs – digis – (also Mulberry paper for leaves - They have a terrific selection of papers and wonderful customer service!)
*   various ribbon, twine, lace, trim elements (vegetable/onion/potato sacks) – whatever you’d like to include
*  ready-made flowers (Recollections/Petaloo/Swirlydoos…your choice)
*  various ribbon for handmade rolled flowers – (circle paper scraps for bases) – for ‘buds’ - and for around digi verse plaque
*  leafy vine punch
*  daisy punch and wallpaper scraps/or your choice of paper for handmade ‘straw flowers’
*  gems/pearls/buttons for flower centers
*  rafia/paper shreds for stuffing Apple Basket
*  glue gun/adhesives for adhering items to project

Directions:

I ‘dry brushed’ dark brown and then copper streaks on the deep rust-stained wood frame.  I then also did the same to the canvas – lightly.  I cut the woven wallpaper scraps to fit the frame and for mounting onto the canvas.


I adhered a piece of cardboard – top layer ripped off, sides ripped/distressed to the right edge of the frame.


I cut the Apple Basket and adhered it to the inset canvas at an angle so as to have the look of apples and flowers spilling from it.  I cut leaves (6-pt.Flowers Set) on my Cricut, cut the spray in half – then adhered them to the side and bottom of frame.  I punched leafy vines (Martha Stewart) from Kraft paper and adhered them on the others.  I also punched/cut some from Mulberry paper and adhered them.  I adhered looped twine and a ruffle of ‘onion bag’ (Yes! from a bag of onions!  You may remember from previous posts that I like to use unusual elements -) to the lower side of the Apple Basket.  I filled the Apple Basket with Kraft paper shreds – then adhered the apples (Apple Basket) to the edge of the basket and a few strewn on the ‘ground’ beyond. 






I cut the Pumpkin Vine, backed it with cream paper and adhered it to the lower left corner – raising it up on pieces of cardboard.  


Using the Daisy Punch (Marvy), I punched 6 each for each flower, inked the edges, dented the center using a stylus on a piece of foam, then glued the layers together, pinching the petals inward.  I finished them with a gem in the center.  I made rolled ribbon flowers with brown, cream and rust/cream ribbon, adding a gem to the centers.  I adhered these and ready-made flowers.  I made ‘buds’ from brown ribbon and added them, too.


I cut leaves (maple and oak) using the Pumpkins 'n' Leaves cutting file and added them intermittently throughout the leafy vines.  I also added a few gems to the vines.


 I printed and cut out the ‘Love is…’ digi (1 Corinthians 13), raised it with a piece of cardboard and adhered it.  I added a knotted and rolled piece of ribbon around 2 sides.



Here are the files I used:









I hope you have a chance to see all of the Creative Texture projects designed this week – then try your hand at it – and link up to CWC/PCW!  We’d love to see them!  Remember that there is a Sale, also, this month -  Here is the Ad:



See you next week!  Remember, also, that we now have DIGI DESSERTS FRIDAZE – each Friday – and SMORGASBORD SATURDAYS!!  Lots of creative options at the CWC/PCW site and here!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, your site is well put together!
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is BEAUTIFUL Lynden!! I love all the texture and layers you did. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Lot of texture and seems to have a Fall theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really put a lot of effort into this gorgeous project, and it shows!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynden, I am amazed with your project. It is absolutely stunning. A fabulous use of mulberry paper, perfect textures, and gorgeous colors. I am really enjoying your blog. You have a new fan.

    xxoo
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}