Sunday, August 12, 2012

Welcome to Your New Home!



My people will live in peaceful dwelling places,
 in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.
Isaiah 32:18

My son, a Marine Captain (USNA ’05), recently returned from his third deployment – the first two to Iraq and this last one to Afghanistan.  He’s now to be stateside for a while.  He has found a townhouse to rent near where he is stationed and has been re-united with his canine friend who was just a pup when they were separated last year.  Dear Friends in another state were kind enough to care for ‘my Granddog’ while my son was away, and they are now happily back together.  Argos is a Belgian Shepherd and I wanted to include him in a card I was designing for my son and him.



I found a photo of a Belgian Shepherd online and transformed it into an .svg file with my SCAL2 program.  I made 2 cuts of it so I could cut the legs and tail further and give it a 3D effect with Pop-Dots. I used Glossy Accents for his eye and nose.



I used a ‘bare tree’ .svg file that I got quite a while ago and then added punched and inked leaves, adding dimension.  I cut the Birdhouse and Flourish(CWV/PCW .svg file.)  I cut a Bluebird .svg that I’ve had for a while, adding ‘flowers’ to the leaf flourish with glitter paint and Glossy Accents for clear dimension. 



I used a piece of ripped paper, ink and a small make-up sponge to make clouds and grass.  A piece of discontinued wallpaper completed the landscape at the front.


I typed the sentiment in WORD, printed it and punched it with an EKSuccess punch, adding a black punched piece to offset it.



I sent it and it arrived to ‘Welcome My Guys’ to their home on their first day there!  Not much I can do from across the continent, but I hope it conveyed a bit of my Enormous Love for them…

What things do you do for someone moving into a new home?  All ideas welcome -  I have other ideas for others in my life who have recently moved, also…  

If you are having trouble finding a specific .svg cut file, let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you – I enjoyed making the dog for this project and I’ve made several other images for other projects.  ;-}

NOTE!!
I've just discovered a great blog to connect with and have linked up to her 'Inspire Me Mondays' -
Stop by there and visit the creativeness shared!     Create with Joy -    ;-}   This week I am #99 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}