Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Altered Journal/Notebook -



I am writing to you, little children, because for his name’s sake your sins are forgiven.
I John 2 : 12

 

Hello and Welcome to the Tuesday Challenge connected with CookingWithCricut.com / PaperCraftingWorld.com !!  This week we were to make an Altered Journal or Notebook.  I decided to make one for each of my two grandchildren.  With school beginning , I thought they might be able to use them.  Avi loves to read and write – and I know she’ll enjoy using hers.  Cyrus hates to do both, but might be more inclined if he has a personalized journal to use.






I used inexpensive Composition Books and decorated them to depict each of their personalities.  Once I had each designed and the pieces assembled, I adhered everything – and then coated all of it with – my ‘homemade Mod Podge’ which I learned about on Pinterest -  ;-} – to protect the covers as they are used.

Avi is in Middle School and for her journal, I used a vintage ‘handwritten’ paper to cover the front.  I used a CWC/PCW cutting file for the side border (Flourish92011).  I cut her name from a font on my laptop with my Cricut/SCAL2.  I used another font to make and cut the guitar and treble clef.  The scraps of music are from a vintage piece that I scanned and printed.  The flowers and gems are from Recollections.



Cyrus is my Little Fireball, is in grade-school and he and his father have great interest in ‘all things Karate.’  I used a red/cream/blue printed paper for the cover.  I used the CWC/PCW cutting file (Flourish Bar) for the side border, adding buttons to where holes were.  I used a Bracket Frame that I’ve had for quite a while for the two ‘background’ frames.  I used Scrabble Tiles from a free online printable to spell out his name.  From a font on my laptop (Karate Chop), I made the three figures in SCAL2 and cut them on my Cricut. 



I hope you’ve had a chance to check out the other blogs participating in this challenge!  Be sure to link up your project for this week over at CWC/PCW.  You can make ANY KIND of an Altered Journal/Notebook and we’d Love to see your creative endeavors!  See you later - ;-]

2 comments:

  1. Your grand-kids will love using these great composition books, Lynden! Love the papers and the personal touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by, Jen - and your kind comments! ;-}

      Delete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}