Monday, July 9, 2012

...who can BEAR?


The human spirit can endure sickness,
 but a crushed spirit who can BEAR?
Proverbs 18:14

While looking for a verse for this post on my favorite Bible App on my iPhone, (biblegateway.com)- a verse about a ‘BEAR’!? – I came across the one stated above and used on my card.  It amazes me still that no matter how many times I’ve read the Bible, a ‘most appropriate’ verse comes to light at the ‘most appropriate time’ – every time!  ;-]



Yes, I ‘took liberty’ with the verse and the Bear image, which was the requirement for this week’s Grin and Bear It Challenge at CookingwithCricut.com / PaperCraftingWorld.com  - but the verse is quite appropriate in the lives of several whom I know…  I’m also not one to use animals or ‘cutesy’ elements on a regular basis in my designs, so I felt I could DO something with this…and also be an encouragement…with a tad of humor -  ;-}




I decided to make a Twisted Easel Card for this project – in the Shabby Chic style.  Being an Old-Fashioned Girl myself, I chose to use the Vintage Bear cutting file from CWC/PCW as a starting place.  After cutting her Peach dress and hat (on Cricut/SCAL2), I embossed (Cuttlebug) and then inked them with Wheat and Beige Opal inks.  I added a Cream lace ruffle to the bottom of her skirt and a Dark Peach velvet ribbon as a waistband.  I attached her with PopDots to ‘raise her up.’  (Wish there were PopDots in real life to ‘raise us up’ – Oh, yes! That’s what Friends are for!)



I cut the Oval Flourish Frame (CWC/PCW) from Cream cardstock, embossed it (Cuttlebug) and inked it with Wheat ink.  I used the Birdhouse and Flourish cutting file (CWC/PCW) – using only the leaves, minus the grass.  These were cut from Pale Sage paper and inked with Sage ink.

I inked White ‘$ Store’ flowers with Wheat ink, spritzed them with Opalescent Pearl spray and added Pearl gems (Recollections) as centers.

I typed the verse onto a Scroll shape in MS WORD, colored in the background with pale Sage (Color Fill) and outlined it with Taupe (Line Color).



The lacy border on the front bottom and inside is cut with a Fiskars border punch.  Brown gems (Recollections) are in the corner.  The edges on the front are scraped with a scissors and inked with Sage.  A corner and two other places were ripped, inked and rolled.  I inserted contrasting pieces of paper (matching the lacy punched edge) underneath.

I used the Oval cut from the center of the Frame, inked on the edge, as the ‘prop element’ (PopDots) inside – ready for a sentiment and signature…  I inked the ‘negative space’ from the Birdhouse Flourish leaves to border the prop element.



Now it’s Your turn to make and share a ‘Bear of a Project’ with us!  Link up your Grin and Bear It project at CWC/PCW and have a good week -  ;-} 

How are YOU ‘bearing up’ in whatever situation you find yourself?  Keep looking UP!  ;-}


SPECIAL NOTE: 
We’re having a Crops of Luv Blog Hop on June 21-22 here and we would love for you to participate. You can make a two-page layout following the parameters outlined above and mail it directly to Crops of Luv c/o Roberta Baker, 11424 S. Pawnee Circle, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Since this blog hop is also a challenge, be sure to link your project to CWC/PCW.

There are very specific requirements for the layouts. You wouldn’t want all your hard work to be in vain if you create something they can’t use.

The submissions have to be double-page 12 x 12 layouts using these themes: Princesses, Pirates, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, or general Disney theme, Summer Fun (e.g. swimming), or Christmas (they have Christmas every Thursday at "Give Kids the World.") The layouts must include a journaling block or tag and mats for three 4 x 6 pictures on each page. NOTE: Crops of Luv does not want the photo mats permanently adhered to the page. That way they can flip them whichever way they need to.

If you would like more information about this organization, or would like to make a monetary or supply donation, please visit their web site, www.cropsofluv.com.
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQByTb8cYwG7_Mvw&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cropsofluv.com%2Fcms%2Fimages%2Fsponsors%2Fquickquotes.jpg
cropsofluv.com
Crops of Luv is a non-profit organization that creates scrapbook albums for children and families facing critical illnesses.

1 comment:

  1. You are talented! Found you on the mingle. Now following via google friend. Would love a follow back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}