Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crops of Luv Blog Hop - Day 1


Welcome to the CookingWithCricut.com  Crops of Luv Blog Hop. This is my Very First Blog Hop and I’ve been excited to participate! 

If you came here from  (http://www.cricutcritter.blogspot.com ) then you are in the right place, if you need to start from the beginning, then just head over to CookingWithCricut.com .

This month our designers chose to create layouts to donate to the Crops of Luv Organization.
I’ll be showing you a Layout that I’ve made for the Crops of Luv today – and another Layout tomorrow, so be sure to come back!  Melin (CookingWithCricut.com) offers some lovely files and goodies, also, each day.  Be sure to leave a comment there – and link your own Crops of Luv creations!

Crops of Luv works hand-in-hand with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and creates scrapbooks for families who have children facing life-threatening illnesses.  Our hop will focus on creating 12 x 12 Scrapbook double page LOs using these themes: Princesses, Pirates, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Summer Fun (e.g. swimming), Christmas (Yes, they have Christmas every Thursday at "Give Kids the World"), or general Disney themes.

For today’s offering, I made a Christmas-themed 2-page Layout –








I used the Christmas Tree and the Reindeer Tag files from PaperCraftingWorld.com – I used Silver Ink on the edges of the tree, then I decorated it with Timeless Twine and also Gems from Recollections.  I inked Rudolph with Brown Ink and gave him a red gem nose –








 I resized a Tag and put it in a pocket for their Journaling.






 Crops of Luv has some specific guidelines for the layouts. They need to include a journaling block or tag and mats for three 4 x 6 pictures on each page. They also do not want the photo mats permanently adhered to the page.  That way they can flip them whichever way they need to. 

We hope you will enjoy our creations! We would love for you to participate. You can make a two-page layout following the parameters outlined above and mail it directly to Crops of Luv c/o Roberta Baker, 11424 S. Pawnee Circle, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Since this blog hop is also a challenge, be sure to link your project to CWC/PCW.

If you would like more information about this organization, or would like to make a monetary or supply donation, please visit their web site, www.cropsofluv.com.

Now head on over to http://www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com  and see what Jen has to show You!  Be sure and stop back tomorrow to see my ‘You Are My Sunshine!’ Layout -  ;-}  Let me know if you have any questions -

NOTE: !!
I appreciate your stopping by and I’ll have a Giveaway Random Drawing on Monday from all who Comment today and tomorrow here on my blog!  I’ll send you a Collection of 6 handmade cards – similar to these  -  Your choice of color!  Be sure and leave a way to contact you!  ;-}


9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout my friend! I love the paper and color choices! So elegant! Truly an ELEGANT TOUCH! Thank you for being a part of this and blessing others with your time and talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lynden, this is gorgeous! I love the pocket for the journaling tag - so clever. Thank you supporting this effort for Crops of Luv. Your layout will truly be appreciated.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is just exquisite, Lynden. I love the details you added to the tree, and the pocket for the journaling tag.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Layout!! and your cards are soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both such fabulous layouts...great classic take on Christmas that anyone would LOVE to have. So happy to be sharing this hop with you.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the twine on the Christmas tree. Here's my email address in case I win & you'll need to sub the symbols for the words in parens:
    sunshine_honeybee2004(at sign)yahoo(dot)com
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful LO, Lynden! SO elegant -- love the reindeer and your papers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic Christmas lay out. Love the colors and the use of twine on your tree!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}