Saturday, February 18, 2012

10 Things I Love About My Family!

 
We love because He first loved us. 
 I John 4:19

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
 I Corinthians 13:13

Our February assignment for ‘Create, Share & Inspire!’ ( www.morepaperthanshoes.com ) was to make a Mini-Album with the theme of “How I love you…”  I have chosen to make a Paper Bag Album based on one of my favorite poems, “How Do I Love Thee?  Let Me Count the Ways…” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  Although it was written to explain a romantic love between a man and a woman, I genuinely feel that it explains the love I have for My Family.  I recently acquired a little scrapbooking element (on a Clearance rack), which was a ‘library card holder’ filled with 10 numbered strips entitled, ‘10 Things I Love About My Family’ - before I even knew I’d need it!

Paper Bag Albums are a very inexpensive and easy way to make an album, which can include photos, journaling and memorabilia of many types.  Photos can be placed on the decorated pages, memorabilia can be saved and journaling can be done on the tags placed in the pockets, small and large, formed in the construction of it.  I cut many of the elements with my Cricut/SCAL2.  The papers and frames are from Recollections, K & Company and DCWV.  The gems and buttons are from Recollections. 

We were also to share a ‘tip’ that we find useful in our scrapping.  I have really appreciated a tip I was given and have found to be extremely economical and helpful.  One can use ‘Aleene’s Tack-It Over & Over’ glue to make dots or strips of varying sizes to use in adhering elements to pages, cards or whatever project is being done.  Just make dots/strips on the backing sheets left from ‘used’ labels (CD, address, etc.) or on waxed paper.  Let dry an hour or so until the dots become transparent.  Then just place the object to be adhered on a dot and then place and press on your project.  One can get literally thousands of dots in various sizes from one bottle of glue! 

Let me know if you have any questions.   ;-}























1 comment:

Thank You for taking time to come visit and comment! I love hearing from my reader Friends! ;-}